Mission Creek Alliance Church
Position Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Position Requirement: Part Time (20 to 25 hours/week)
Compensation: $25-30/hour (depending on experience)
Responsible to: Family Ministries Pastor
Responsible for: Discipleship Program for Children
Mission Creek Alliance Church has a simple focus: To Encounter Jesus, Empower People, and
Engage Our City & Beyond.
Encounter: We create environments and opportunities for people to encounter Jesus and experience
his transforming love.
Empower: We take steps together to be empowered by the Holy Spirit to flourish as whole human
Engage: We are engaged with the people and needs of our city and beyond to make Jesus famous.
The Children’s Ministry Director will serve to help our children and their families step into this three-fold focus.
The primary responsibility of the Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) is to build and maintain a children’s
ministry that leads our kids through an age-specific discipleship process that gives our children an
opportunity to encounter Jesus, be empowered by the Holy Spirit, and engage our others in their world
with the love and good news of Jesus.
There are 4 pillars in our Children’s ministry, which the successful candidate is to lead the ministry
in a highly relational way:
1. Worship: Disciple our kids to worship God “in their own way”
2. Prayer: Disciple our kids to hear God’s voice and learn to pray for themselves
3. Word: Disciple our kids to know and love God’s Word
4. Fun: Foster a culture of participation and relationship building through fun
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Work with the Family Ministries Pastor to build structures and programs to align with
MCA’s overall focus.
• Coordinate and lead the school age Sunday morning Children’s Ministry teams and
• With the support of the Family Ministries Pastor recruit, lead, equip and develop
ministry leaders to use their gifts to disciple kids and make connection with their
• Collaborate with a team of key parents to shepherd the ministry toward its stated goals.
• Ensure the Children’s Ministry protects the safety of our children and leaders.
• Oversee all administrative aspects of the children’s ministry, with the support of an
• Plan and execute various family events that foster community and outreach in our city.
• Serve as part of our kid’s summer camp leadership team.
• Participate in staff meetings, retreats, and other events as part of the larger staff team, as
your work schedule allows.
• Contribute to the special event planning (such as Easter, Christmas, Family services, etc.)
The person best suited for this role:
• Highly relational and connects easily with kids.
• Has gifts to shepherd and teach kids in both large and small group settings.
• A sense that God is inviting them to serve the church in this way.
• Demonstrates a spiritual vitality in their life of following Jesus, which includes a
commitment to prayer, scripture, rest, fellowship, worship, and the like.
• Models relational and emotional health and integrity.
• Passionate about the discipleship of children and their families.
• Team leader who can recruit, lead, and develop others for ministry.
• Time-management, administration, and computer skills.
• In support of the C&MA’s Statement of Faith and MCA Church’s Leadership Agreement.
• Theological training or ministry experience is an asset.
• A clean criminal record check.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Chris Downey ([email protected])