Nanton Church of Christ
Youth & Christian Ed Leader
We are looking to hire an exemplary Youth & Christian Ed Leader to lead and guide our church’s children and youth. This Leader will strive to lead all students to know Jesus and make Him knows and support them to develop their love for Him and for others.
Ideal candidates have a proficient understanding of the challenges young people face and are compassionate, providing students with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient, affecting change in their world.
The Youth & Christian Ed Leader will lead and organize an effective Youth & Children’s ministry, implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism. Most importantly, they should demonstrate a hunger for more of God and possess a passion to lead the children and youth of our church and community into that same hunger. The overall objective of the Youth & Christian Ed leader is to make Christ-like disciples of our children and youth, and to train them to live for and share Christ.
· Title: Youth & Christian Ed Leader
· Part-time – 20 hours a week to start
· Reports to: Lead Pastor/Leadership
· Compensation: $2,000/month
· Health benefits considered after 6 months.
1. Must have a clear testimony to a saving, sanctifying and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Exemplify obedience to the Word of God and devotion to a deep-rooted prayer life. Demonstrate faithfulness to the Word of God and committed to the vision and mission of NCOC.
2. Demonstrate gifts and a calling to Christian education, love young people, and have a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level. Model a Christ-like lifestyle and a passion to reach the lost for Jesus Christ.
3. An outgoing, self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with youth, parents, and staff.
4. Must possess strong communication skills and a desire to be active in community outreach. This position requires excellent leadership, administrative, and organizational skills.
5. Must have the ability to research the community, utilizing demographics, technology and social media to reach the un-churched youth of our community.
6. Able to work as a team player, cooperating with the staff and volunteers at NCOC.
7. Should be able to act with minimal supervision and provide guidance to church leadership in all areas concerning youth ministry.
8. A Bachelor’s degree or higher in ministry with some experience in youth/children’s ministry an asset.
9. Willing to relocate to Nanton.
10. Criminal Background check and Vulnerable Sector check required upon offer of position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Build a growing Youth & Christian Education Ministries team to effectively lead and teach our church family and reach the un-churched youth of NCOC’s immediate community.
2. Establish strong relationships with the youth of our church, maximizing ministry impact in their lives, facilitating the training and mobilizing of our youth to know Jesus and make Him known.
3. Collaborate with the church’s staff and volunteers in the creation of new ministries as needed to accomplish the vision and mission of the church.
4. Make and maintain positive relationships with leaders in the community, especially those leaders of our schools and other youth organizations.
5. Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of on-going activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
6. Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life, creating a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
7. Manage the annual youth budget as approved by the church board.
8. Participate in staff meetings, one-on-one meetings with the Lead Pastor, NCOC Leadership meetings, and other meetings necessary to lead an effective Christian Education ministry. Shall also be in participatory attendance of the regular and special services of the church.
9. Adequate planning and preparation for all services, meetings, and activities must be done, so that each event will be effective in accomplishing its stated purpose.
Nanton Church of Christ @ http://nantonchurchofchrist.com/ and https://bit.ly/3jufTNy
Please forward resumes to [email protected] ATTN: Dawn Jersch. If you have any questions, you can either email the church or call Dawn at 403-601-1310