New Creation Fellowship – Children’s Ministry Director Job Description
New Creation Fellowship (“NCF”) is a gospel centered church that seeks to develop followers of Jesus who grow up in the gospel to go out with the gospel. Located in Queens, New York, we are currently seeking a Children’s Ministry Director (“CM Director”) that has a passion to teach and nurture the next generation with the gospel and to empower and equip fellow adult Christians (parents and volunteers) with the same passion. Our Children Ministry is made up of approximately 50-60 children with a wide age range. This role is currently a part-time position (25 hours/week). The salary for this position is ranged from $25,000/yr-$30,000/yr depending on experience.
For more information about our ministry, please visit our website at https://www.nyncf.org and our Facebook at www.facebook.com/NYNCF/ .
The CM Director would be responsible for the following:
1. Leadership: Work with the Lead Pastor and Education Committee to provide leadership and direction to the parents and volunteers of the Children’s Ministry by:
a. Executing the vision of the Children’s Ministry through delegation of roles and responsibilities to volunteers.
b. Managing volunteers to ensure that goals and objectives are being met.
c. Actively recruiting and training volunteers.
d. Regularly communicating ministry status and developments to parents and leadership.
e. Coordinating special children events throughout the year (Annual retreat, Christmas Eve service, Good Friday service, etc.)
2. Teaching: Prepare and deliver Sunday messages tailored to each respective group within NCF’s Children’s Ministry (Toddlers/Elementary) and lead Sunday morning praise with our children.
3. Shepherding: Actively shepherd the children under their care and seek to cultivate genuine relationships with them and their respective parents by:
a. Monitoring Sunday attendance and personally reaching out to families that have inconsistent attendance.
b. Consistently praying for the children throughout the week, while asking for prayer requests.
c. Acknowledging and responding to major events and milestones of children’s lives such as birthdays, graduations, hospitalization, death in the family, etc.
4. Administration: Supervise the overall operation of the Children’s Ministry by:
a. Preparing and adapting the curriculum for our respective groups.
b. Scheduling and informing volunteers when they will be teaching.
c. Monitoring and ensuring we have all the materials needed for lessons and crafts.
· A maturing disciple of Jesus Christ.
· High energy and enthusiasm with a genuine and infectious love for children.
· Knowledgeable about the physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual development of children.
· Ability to maintain composure and decisiveness when facing problems or challenges in ministerial settings.
· Demonstrating good communication skills (verbal and written); strong relational and organizational skills; and leadership.
· An undergraduate degree from an accredited University or College. Theological education is a plus but not necessary for this position.
· At least 2-4 years of proven experience with children’s ministry in a congregational setting.
· Competency with standard computer software including (MS Word, Excel and PPT) and the capacity to learn new software programs
For consideration, please send the following: finished application, resume and three references. If you have any questions about this position or need more information, please direct your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org .