New Hope Fellowship Downtown Campus Pastor
New Hope Fellowship (NHF) is the English Ministry of Light Presbyterian Church, and is an active member of the denomination: The Korean Presbyterian Church Abroad – English Presbytery. We are a tri-campus church located in Mississauga, Downtown Toronto and Uptown Toronto in Ontario, Canada, that celebrates and proclaims Jesus’ message of new hope. Our vision is to be a congregation that moves with a gospel-centred, missional spirituality.
At Downtown, our focus is:
– To be rooted in God’s Word and gospel-centered in all our interactions.
– To missionally live out the gospel and make an impact to those around us.
– To raise leaders to transform communities both locally and abroad.
– To raise and multiply disciples through small groups.
Planted in 2006 in the heart of Canada’s largest and most diverse city, NHF Downtown serves a unique demographic of students, young professionals, and families. Although we are predominantly of Asian ethnicity, we continue to become more multi-ethnic and multi- generational. We are looking for an experienced Lead Pastor to lead our Downtown congregation based on the vision and focus above. This person will work alongside NHF Downtown’s current Pastor and will report to the Senior Pastor of the New Hope Fellowship tri-campus church.
– MDiv from an accredited seminary.
– Ordained/licensed by an evangelical church and must be willing to undergo licensing by the Christian Presbytery.
– Prefer a minimum of five years experience in full-time ministry, two of which have been in North America.
Skills and Ministry Areas
– Rooted in the Gospel: a passion to study, learn, and share God’s Word.
– Spiritual gifts of discipleship, preaching, teaching, and leadership.
– A passion for people: a focus on missions and outreach, especially in an urban setting.
– Prior experience working with and mentoring students is an asset.
– Must be fluent in English.
– Excellent communications and interpersonal skills: an effective preacher that has experience in public speaking and that can work effectively in a team setting.
– Understanding of immigrant culture and issues faced by second-generation Asians.
– Experience leading a multi-ethnic congregation is an asset.
Compensation will be commensurable with qualifications and experience, plus expenses and group benefits
For more information about our church, please visit our website www.newhopefellowship.ca