New Life Chinese Lutheran Church is seeking a Youth Ministry / Children’s Ministry Worker to help minister to its English-speaking youth (ages 3 to 18 years). The position is fulltime, but flexible in terms of schedule and hours. You should have the following qualifications:
• Feels called by God and has a big heart for youth
• Baptized mature Christian who is young at heart and leads a Christ-centered life
• English speaking youth / Children’s worker for the congregation
• Experience of working under the direct supervision of Church Pastors
• Experience of working with youth from Preschool to 12
• Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin are assets
• Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
• Excellent counseling and teaching skills
• Possess an university degree or equivalent (preferably in youth-related field)
• Love to worship and fellowship with others who follow Christ
You will be accountable to the Church Pastors and Church Council and also reporting to the English Ministry Sub-Council
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ministering to English-speaking children and youth
• Working with current leaders to help train and support a diverse new team of leaders drawn from the youth and/or church community (this new team will eventually run the Youth Ministry and Youth Sunday School of the congregation).
• Developing, training and supporting a Children’s and Youth Sunday School Team, and coordinating a Children’s and Youth Sunday School program.
• Working with current leaders to liaise, communicate, and coordinate with other ministries and pastors as needed.
• Maintaining open communications with parents by meeting, listening to, praying with, and praying for Parents regarding parenting concerns, relationships with their children and youth, and the events in CM / YM
• Attending fellowship gatherings, mission conferences, retreats, prayer meetings, parent meetings, and the various other leadership meetings pertaining to the Children’s and Youth Ministry.
• Maintaining a journal recording the work of the Holy Spirit within the Children’s and youth ministry that will aid in the submission of monthly reports to Church Pastors and the Youth Committee.
Salaries and benefits:
Within the approved budget, Salaries will be subject to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
This is a full-time position to begin as early as October 2017. All inquires, requests for more information, and electronic submissions of resume materials should be sent to Ken Lau at <email@example.com>. Applications can also be submitted by fax (604) 324-6110 or by mail to NLCLC – Ken Lau, 6215 Main Street, Vancouver, B.C. V5W 2T9.