New Life Chinese Lutheran Church is seeking a Pastor to help minister to and lead its English-speaking congregation. The position is fulltime. You should have the following qualifications:
• Feels called by God and has an affinity for ministering to a predominantly young family aged congregation.
• Baptized mature Christian who leads a Christ-centered life
• Fluent English
• Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin are assets
• Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
• Excellent counseling and teaching skills
• Possesses a Masters in Divinity at an accredited institution
As a pastor is an ordained staff of the church. Your soundness in the faith, aptness to teach and educational qualifications will be examined and require approval by the Church Council and Pastoral Search Committee
Your responsibilities will include:
• Preaching the Word, administering the sacraments and conducting public worship in harmony with the faith and practices of the church
• Baptizing, confirming and marrying in accordance with the teaching of the church and with the laws of the province, visiting the sick and distressed, and burying the dead;
• Inculcate piety in individual and family life and providing pastoral leadership to all schools and auxiliary organizations of the congregation
• Installing members of the Congregational Council and, with the council, administer discipline;
• Seeking out and encouraging qualified persons to prepare for the ministry of the Gospel and strive to extend the Kingdom of God in the community, at home and abroad;
• Encouraging the members to be generous in support of the ministry of the congregation and the church;
• Keeping accurate membership records, including baptisms, confirmations, marriages, burials and communicants, and submitting a report of such statistics annually to the secretary of synod on forms provided by the church. The parish records shall be kept in a separate book, which shall remain the property of the congregation;
• Commending members who move to the pastoral care of the parish in which their new home is located.
Salaries and benefits:
Within the approved budget, Salaries will be subject to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
This is a full-time position to begin as early as June 2018. All inquires, requests for more information, and electronic submissions of resume materials should be sent to Ken Lau at <email@example.com>. Applications can also be submitted by fax (604) 324-6110 or by mail to NLCLC – Ken Lau, 6215 Main Street, Vancouver, B.C. V5W 2T9.