Hours per week: FTE – 40 hours per week
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
Responsible for: Day to Day Operations
Staff and Ministry Leaders Supervision
Duties Overview: To give leadership in matters pertaining to Ministry Leaders, Staff, Day to Day Operations, Administration, Finance, Life Groups Ministry and Church Vision implementation under the direction of the Lead Pastor
1. The Executive Pastor role is to release the Lead Pastor to focus on giving leadership to the church; to teaching and preaching the Word, to shepherding the flock; to spiritually leading the staff and volunteers etc.
2. To strengthen the administrative foundation so that the church can continue to grow in its outreach and ministries expand without imploding due to disorganization, conflict and confusion.
3. To steward, and invest in the staff, ministry leaders, resources, facilities, talents and abilities to enable greater effectiveness of ministry.
4. To increase the serving capacity of the greater church.
5. To develop, strengthen and implement the Policies & Procedures of Northstar Church
Qualifications & Training for the Executive Pastor:
· A clearly demonstrated love for and willingness to serve, equip, and minister to Northstar’s leaders, greater church body and community.
· A fully-devoted follower of Jesus Christ, full of faith and the Holy Spirit, as demonstrated by testimony and personal habits.
· Must be in full support of Northstar’s Church Vision Statement, as well as in agreement with and support of the Statement of Faith of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in BC & the Yukon (Fellowship Pacific)
· An experienced administrator
For full job description and how to apply: http://www.northstarchurch.ca/about/careers