Pacific Community Church
5337 180 Street
Surrey BC. V3S 4K5
PASTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES
Full time: 40 hours per week
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Pastor Jon ImBeau, Lead Pastor: [email protected]
Pacific is a church that values Life Together. For us Life Together means the church is growing as a family of God with all generations belonging and participating. The Pastor of Family Ministries will be called to join us in this pursuit and to lead us in ways that help build that identity at Pacific Community Church (“PCC”).
The Family Ministries Pastor will advocate for and provide shepherding to the children of PCC. They will also help parents in their primary role as spiritual care givers.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support and Equip parents • Develop ways in which PCC can come alongside today’s parents and help with the challenges they face and equip for the primary role they have as spiritual care givers.
• Work with a team of volunteers to lead these ministries.
2. Disciple Children • Develop a model of discipleship for PCC that engages the church and the home together.
• Work with the team of pastors and elders at PCC to create a scope and sequence for discipleship of kids.
• Develop kids ministry programs that are based on kids growing to know, love, and serve Jesus.
• Give overall leadership to N-Grade 4.
3. Develop the family of Pacific Community Church • Create ways for all generations of PCCers, whether they are married, single, with or without kids, to grow as a family of God.
Eg. Family-friendly events for the whole church.
Eg. Family-centred worship services.
Eg. Family-sensitive service/outreach ministries.
4. Engage the Family in Missions • Develop ways for the family unit to work together on a mission to share the love of Jesus in our world.
• Develop ways for all generations to come together on family of God ministry.
5. Shepherd families.
6. Is a mature follower of Jesus and has a love for His church.
7. Is gifted and called by God to pastoral ministry.
8. Loves the family of God and kids.
9. Feels called to minister to children and families.
10.Agrees with the Alliance Canada’s statement of Faith.
11.Is aligned with PCC’s Vision and Values.
12.Is a people person who enjoys working with teams and leading groups.
13.Is a member or is willing to be a member of PCC.
STRENGTHS AND GIFTS
• Shepherding, compassionate
• Strong relational capacity; a people person
• Conflict resolution; problem solving
• Flexible and Creative
• Leadership; team building
• Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task
• Operating knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• MS 365 (Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams)
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to learn and willingness to use Community Church Builder
• Basic understanding of and ability to update website
• Previous experience as children’s ministry volunteer leader or pastor
• Experience leading and communicating with volunteer leaders and teams of all ages
• Formal education in theology, church leadership, or Christian education.
• Preference for training and education in children’s spirituality, development, and leadership.
• Must be eligible to receive Official Workers credentials and/or be ordained or
• pursuing ordination with the Christian and Missionary Alliance
• Successful criminal record background check with vulnerable sector check and reference