Pacific Community Church
Full time: 30 hours per week
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Pastor Prince
Thomas, Associate Pastor: [email protected]
The Youth Pastor will be part of the pastoral team at Pacific
Community Church (“PCC”). Specifically, they will provide leadership
for youth, which includes helping to coordinate an existing program
for students in grades 5-7 and for teens in grades 8-12. They will
shape the direction and environment of this ministry to be consistent
with the values and vision of PCC.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead a ministry opportunity/space where youth deeply engage
the message of the gospel and live out their lives for the sake of
Christ in the world.
2. Will be responsible to develop and communicate a vision for
youth ministry that is consistent with the vision, mission, and
values of PCC.
3. Create leadership teams of students, parents, and volunteers, to
help shape opportunities for youth.
4. Will provide mentorship, support, resources and pastoral care to
youth and family.
5. Oversee and help youth leaders to plan and prepare for retreats/conferences,
events, and missions trips.
6. Oversee youth fundraising initiatives that help to support youth efforts and
7. Connect and engage with the Cloverdale Community Kitchen (CCK) to attract
youth and to be a presence beyond the physical walls of the church.
8. Will be responsible to attend staff meetings and contribute to direction,
maintenance and building up of the leadership and volunteer community.
9. Will be required to know and implement Pacific’s Safety and Risk
10. Will be responsible to prepare and maintain an annual budget that resources
the needs and direction of the ministry plan.
STRENGTHS AND GIFTS
• Passion for youth
• Relational leadership
• Visionary leadership
• Heart for discipleship
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• A clear calling to raising up the next generation of apprentices of Jesus.
• Post-secondary degree/diploma with relevance to the position.
• Formal education in theology, church leadership in youth spirituality,
development, and leadership.
• Must be eligible to receive Official Workers credentials and/or be ordained or
pursuing ordination with the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
• Training with a youth ministry focus.
• First aid and food safe training is a plus.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Operating knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS 365 (Outlook,
SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams).
• Strong communication skills and the ability to learn, and willingness to use,
Community Church Builder.
• Basic understanding of and ability to update website.
• Previous experience as youth ministry volunteer leader or pastor.
• Experience leading and communicating with volunteer leaders and teams of
• Successful criminal record background check with
• vulnerable sector check and reference.