Peninsula Bible Church Cupertino (PBCC) Associate Pastor
PBCC Associate Pastor Scope
As a pastor at PBCC, one will be part of a preaching team who share the preaching load throughout the year and who work closely to plan and coordinate all things related to preaching. Primarily, PBCC’s preaching is expository in nature, although there are some opportunities for topical preaching. In addition, each preaching pastor oversees a sub-ministry, according to gift and need (in discussion with the elders). This sub-ministry will inevitably involve building a volunteer ministry team and will provide a stage to further build relationships within the body.
· Work closely with the leadership team of pastors and elders to develop and implement PBCC’s vision for the church.
· Work closely with the team of preachers to plan and implement the preaching schedule. This includes weekly planning meetings and review meetings.
· Teach and preach the Bible in a variety of contexts.
· Plan and implement the details for the pastor’s sub-ministry, including encouraging, equipping, and discipling the adult volunteer leaders.
· Have a heart and desire for equipping the larger congregation to utilize their gifts and talents for God’s glory.
· Plan teaching curriculum, small group Bible Studies, and resources as applicable.
· Provide pastoral care where appropriate.
· Provide the overall planning, organization and implementation of programs and activities where appropriate.
· Oversee communications (e.g. web, print, email, social media, announcements, bulletin inserts) related to the pastor’s preaching and the sub-ministry.
· Pursue outreach opportunities either locally or globally.
Pastoral Team Member Responsibilities
PBCC has a core commitment to servant leadership, to healthy communication with other staff members, and to shared responsibilities. The pastor must be able to function well as “one among others” in style of leadership. PBCC has no senior pastor, therefore, self-motivation as well as functioning as a team are vital attributes.
· Participate actively as a member of the pastoral team, working together with them to contribute to the life of the church.
· Communicate regularly with fellow pastoral staff and elders.
· Pastor the congregation at large, paying attention to overall spiritual health. Help lead occasional all-church events and efforts.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
· A growing and vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
· Master’s degree or equivalent ministry experience
· A passion for the Word, and preaching the Word expositionally
· An appreciation for and developing knowledge of the original languages
· Articulates and models a Christ-centered life consistent with Scripture
· Strong communication skills
· A faithful, humble and teachable spirit
· Ability to recruit, train, develop and lead a strong volunteer team
· Ability to be a self-starter
· A team player and contributor
· Good administrative and organizational skills
· Ongoing dependence on the Holy Spirit to direct and modify ministry plans and areas of emphasis
· Actively participating in the church community outside the daily time at work
· Agreement with our doctrinal statement
· Agreement with our organizational structure
· Occasional lifting of 20 pounds required for events and set up
· Preference: Experience ministering to a multi-cultural congregation
· Preference: Experience ministering to young adults, young couples or young families
Interested candidates should submit the following as four separate documents to the following email address: [email protected] .
· Cover letter
· Application (can be sent per request)
· A statement addressing the following (all four must be submitted to be considered):
– Write your personal statement of faith.
– Describe your faith journey and your relationship with God today.
– What excites you most about preaching the Gospel in the middle of Silicon Valley?
– What are your spiritual gifts?