Peninsula Bible Church in Cupertino (PBCC) is a non-denominational, Christ-centered church in the middle of Silicon Valley and is searching for a pastoral intern for their middle school ministry. This position requires 30 hours/week and begins in the summer/fall, 2018. This person would report to (and be mentored by) the director of youth ministry and oversee, with the help of a volunteer staff team, the middle school ministry at PBCC.
Primary Functions include:
· Build relationships / shepherd the volunteer staff team and (~45) middle school students
· Teach at least 2x/month
· Provide organizational leadership over the weekly large group gathering
· Lead a small group of students
· Provide administration for the ministry. This includes (but is not limited to) leading staff meetings, sending newsletters and updating the website and social media.
· Provide leadership over the monthly events
· Pastor’s heart
· Strong work ethic
· Has a love for ethnic diversity
· Prefer some education in Biblical Studies or a related field
With this position, there will be weekly meetings with the youth ministry director for constructive input and mentorship. Depending on performance, there is growth potential into a full-time position.