Summary and Background
Peninsula Bible Church is a vital congregation with 70 years of history located at the heart of Silicon Valley. We enjoy considerable diversity in age (infants to 90-year-olds), economic and family status, ethnicity, and personal style. We have a deep love for the Bible (as the name might suggest) and are evangelical in theology but not narrowly so. We are grateful for the stability of deep roots and excited about the adventure before us,“good works, which God prepared before hand, that we should walk in them.”
Women’s Ministry Vision
Isaiah 61:1-3 provides a good starting point as we think about the nature and core mission of our Women’s Ministry:
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified. (Isaiah 61:1-3)
We are looking for a full-time staff member to join the pastoral team and shepherd the women in the congregation.
· Title: Pastor to Women
· Pay: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
· Teach the Bible in a variety of contexts, (e.g., small/large groups, different demographics)
· Disciple and equip other women
· Lead the Women’s Ministry team – recruit, train and equip them to serve
· Oversee a portfolio of ministry activities that meet our women’s spiritual needs and create opportunities for lasting relationships
· Provide pastoral counseling and care
· Participate actively as a member of the pastoral team, working together with them to contribute to the life of the church
· Communicate with fellow pastoral staff and elders on issues relating to, and of particular interest to, the women of PBC
· Administer all official communications (web, print, email, social media, announcements, bulletin inserts) related to women’s ministry programs and events
· Pastor the congregation at large, paying attention to overall spiritual health. Help lead occasional all-church events and efforts.
· The Pastors at PBC are called to teach God’s Word, proclaim the Good News, and shepherd/disciple the flock as a team; the Pastor to Women focuses her ministry on women.
· She knows that God has called her to minister to women of all ages, stages, and walks of life.
· She is called to minister to women who come across her path: comforting the brokenhearted, setting them free from their bondage, bringing God into their lives, bringing them back to God, comforting, strengthening, encouraging, loving and building them up.
Her Character, Maturity and Gifting
· She loves God. She exhibits a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ in her everyday life.
· She loves people. She serves as a fellow sinner who has received God’s grace. She rejoices when people’s lives are transformed.
· She is a student of the Word – “able to teach” (I Tim 3:2). Biblical truth is central to her approach to equip, counsel, and disciple others.
· She cultivates an active prayer life.
· She is not a “new believer” (I Tim 3:6). She understands who she is, what her spiritual gifts are, and God’s calling to her for this season of life.
· She is a pastor-teacher (Eph 4:11) and a leader (Rom 12:6-8).
· She cultivates good standing in her community.
Her Philosophy of Ministry
· Lasting ministry proceeds from
o a vital walk with the Lord,
o a healthy relationship with her family, and
o a love for people – everyone carries the image of God.
· She understands, values, and practices shared- & servant-leadership. She makes an effort to communicate/partner with other staff members. She knows that when the whole pastoral team is healthy, she will also do well.
· She builds/leads/equips a ministry team to serve the body. She seeks out those whom God has called as her co-laborers and walks alongside with them, helping them discover/exercise their spiritual gifts along the way.
· She does not promote herself. She cares about the glory of God and the welfare of those whom she is entrusted to shepherd.
· She understands the importance of unity in the Body of Christ. In a diverse theological landscape, she is able to prioritize/adhere to core beliefs (e.g., those outlined in PBC’s doctrinal statement).
· Sensitivity to and empathy for the lives and needs of women of various:
o Ages – college students through seniors
o Stages – single, married, widowed, stay-at-home moms, working moms, career women, retired women, women in recovery, etc.
o Cultures – various racial, ethnic, family and faith backgrounds
· Demonstration of (in a previous work environment):
o Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
o Ability to excel in a collaborative leadership environment while ministering to the church at large
o Ability to lead, set a ministry vision, and follow-through
o Management and administrative skills
o Passion for the next generation with a vision to raise up leaders via discipleship and mentorship
o Confidence to work independently as well as take initiative in ambiguous situations
· 5+ years of relevant ministry experience preferred
· Master of Divinity degree preferred but not required
Send cover letter, resume to email@example.com with a statement addressing the following:
1. Describe your faith journey and your relationship with God today.
2. What excites you most about ministering to women?
3. What are your spiritual gifts?
Application Deadline: 2/15/2019