Port Kells Community Church
Lead Pastor Profile and Job Description
Top 4 required functions:
• Preaching and Teaching: The Pastor is the spiritual leader of the Church and will provide primary leadership to the teaching and preaching ministries of the church, carefully aligning our ministries with the Port Kells Church Statement of Faith.
• Discipleship: The Pastor will provide leadership in planning and facilitating an ongoing plan of discipleship and spiritual growth for the members of Port Kells Church, in coordination with other volunteers.
• Pastoral Care: Together with volunteers, the Pastor will facilitate, organize, and oversee pastoral care within the church.
• Administration: Working with Council and other volunteers, the Pastor will oversee and coordinate programs, budgets, and facilities in the day-to-day management of the church.
Top 4 required gifts:
• Inspiring spiritual leadership with compelling preaching and teaching
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Mature leadership skills, equipping other volunteers and serving as a collaborative team player
• Strong administrative and organizational skills, competent in managerial and technological skills
Top 4 required experience:
• Theological training from an accredited college, graduate degree preferred (e.g. MTS, MDiv)
• Committed and mature follower of Jesus Christ as evidenced by Christian character and lifestyle
• Experience in pastoral leadership and preaching, as an associate or lead pastor
• Demonstrated history of effective ministry leading
Salary information available upon request. For further information, or to apply, please contact Denise Dei at [email protected]