1. Port Moody Pacific Grace MB church is an Anabaptist, Evangelical Christian Church affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Conference.
2. PMPGMBC comprises two congregations – Cantonese and English (including Children’s Ministry).
3. 350 Attendees: 200+ Cantonese, 120 English (Adults & children)
4. Located in Port Moody of BC.
Position: Full time English Pastor
(A) Role and responsibilities:
1. Lead and shepherd our English congregation through the ministry of the Words
2. Develop and equip leaders through discipleship
3. Lead and engage the congregation in the ministry of worship and prayer
4. Work with pastoral staff and deacons to realize our church vision and mission statements
5. Minister and shepherd families and adults
6. Work with the English pastoral team to build up the next generation (K -12, College and University)
7. To be actively involved in missions and evangelism
(B) Skills and Values
1. Demonstrate Christlike characters with core values of being Christ-centered, Spirit-led, Gospel oriented, missional, teachable, humble, and people oriented.
2. Pastoral leadership such as mentoring, caring and spiritual guidance.
3. In preaching and teaching proclaiming the Word of God in Spirit and in Truth.
4. Through worship in music, ministering in the presence of God.
5. Recognize team leadership and willing to work with others.
6. Multicultural understanding, and the ability to respect and facilitate support in a multicultural environment.
(C) Education background and qualifications
1. Graduated from Evangelical seminary with a theology degree or equivalent
2. Preferably with 3 years of recent pastoral ministry experiences in North America and preferably with multicultural experience and working in a bilingual context
3. Training and/or experience in ministering to families and adults
4. Fluent in written and verbal English
5. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office software
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, personal testimony and philosophy of ministry to English Pastoral Search Committee: [email protected]