JOB TITLE: Associate Minister
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time
HOURS PER WEEK: 40+
COMPENSATION: Commensurate upon experience
VACATION: 3 weeks (15 working days including 3 Sundays) plus flex time between Christmas and New Years
Praxis is a two year old church that has grown to 550+ people in weekly attendance. We are planted out of Westside Church in Vancouver and Northview Church in Abbotsford, and have a passion for seeing people reached with the gospel and churches planted throughout the interior of BC. We are seeking the next great member of our dynamic team who will serve alongside the Lead Pastor to help shepherd, teach, and disciple our fast growing congregation. The candidate must be willing to relocate to Kelowna, possess a passion for reaching those who do not yet know Christ, and share a desire to see churches planted. Below is a list of requirements that the applicant must possess, and some of the immediate areas of need that the role would entail. Once the strengths of the right applicant are discerned, the role could be modified to accommodate specific areas of strength and giftedness.
1. Discipleship and Counselling. Regularly meet with people mid-week to help disciple, coach, and counsel. Follow up with new attendees and new believers, and provide counsel to individuals and families as needed.
2. Teaching & Training. Help develop and teach classes for the continued growth of the body and discipleship of new believers. Teach baptism class, reading and applying the Bible class, etc.
3. Evangelism & Outreach. Help develop and execute campus and community outreach initiatives. Planning and executing Alpha, Redemption Groups, etc.
4. Preaching. Providing pulpit coverage at Praxis and various relationally connected churches as need arises (based off of gifting and experience)
5. Leading a weekly Community Group.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email [email protected] and make sure to include the following to apply for this position:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.