Job Posting – Full Time Senior Pastor
Prince George Evangelical Free Church
The Prince George Evangelical Free Church is seeking a Senior Pastor who will faithfully preach and teach God’s Word, who will provide servant-hearted visionary leadership, and will seek to relate to and shepherd those in his care – regardless of age.
We are a small congregation of about 100 people who live in and around the city of Prince George, British Columbia. Prince George is a city of approximately 80,000 people and considered the “hub” of Northern BC with a variety of schools, including 2 Christian schools, College of New Caledonia, and University of Northern BC, as well as a host of other services and amenities.
For further information:
– City website: www.princegeorge.ca
– Church Website: www.efree-pg.org
1. Complete agreement with, and willingness to serve under, the EFCC Statement of Faith, Ethos, and Character & Calling documents (Outlined in the EFCC’s A Closer Look Brochure) as well as the EFCC’s Covenant of Personal and Professional Ethics (see our website).
2. Meets the qualifications of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9.
3. An ability to help our church family identify needs and opportunities in our community where we could be salt and light; to lead us in meaningful corporate outreach.
4. Preference will be given to graduates from a recognized evangelical Bible school/College with a degree aimed specifically toward pastoral studies.
5. Preference will be given to applicants with 5 years of experience in a pastoral role.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Regular Preaching and Teaching of God’s Word
• A Commitment to prayer
• Helping to equip God’s people for works of service
• Visitation of the sick and disabled members of the church, and others in the community as needs and opportunities arise – in cooperation with the board of elders.
• Leadership and direction for daily church matters with support from the board.
• Member of the Board
A more complete job profile can be found on the church website. If you feel God is calling you to work in close relationship with our church to further His kingdom, please forward your resume and a cover letter to our Pastoral Search Committee at [email protected] All applications must be submitted by April 29th, 2022.
Additional Information regarding this opportunity can be obtained by contacting:
Martin Perren: CO-District Superintendent – Canadian Pacific District at [email protected] OR
Dan Carlaw: CO-District Superintendent – Canadian Pacific District at [email protected]