Children’s Minister Job Description
Purpose: To provide the chief visionary leadership and oversight to the Children’s Ministry (birth – 5th grade).
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Ministry leadership team responsibilities:
1. Develop a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship within the Children’s Ministry that works in conjunction with the overall vision and ministry of Reedswood Christian Church (RCC).
2. Build and develop the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team, which consists of key committed and gifted volunteers.
3. Lead, recruit, train, and develop volunteers for the Children’s Ministry.
4. Provide oversight and planning for all aspects of Children’s Ministry programming, including:
a. Sunday morning Children’s Worship
b. Wednesday Night programming
c. Summer Camp
e. Curriculum selection/development for all programming
6. Provide oversight to Children’s Ministry budget and help develop the budgetary needs for upcoming years.
1. Work as a team player with the rest of the ministerial and support staff. This includes making every effort to attend all staff functions (i.e. – staff meetings, retreats, planning sessions, etc.)
2. Participate and provide support and leadership (when necessary) in church-wide events, even if they do not directly affect the Children’s Ministry.
3. Share in the responsibility of ministerial responsibilities when including children, including, but not limited to:
a. Hospital visits
2. Teaching/Public Speaking
4. Computer/Technology Savvy
5. Able to herd cats (Not really, but this could be exceptionally useful when attempting to wrangle in energetic children)
6. Energetic Personality
Other Expectations: Staff members are expected to be regular church attendees and to support their church financially. They are also expected to volunteer within the ministry at RCC.