Regal Heights Church · 6 Regal Road Dartmouth NS · B2W 4Z7 · 902-434-7558
· [email protected] · www.regalchurch.com
Lead Pastor: Jason Cole
WORSHIP PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Please apply by March 31st, 2020.
Full time position
Position Objective: To provide leadership to the worship ministries. This position will also include general associate pastor duties in assistance to the Lead Pastor in an area of your gifting, or if worship is all you are called to, this position can be parted up to be a part time worship pastor.
Regal Heights Baptist Church is a growing contemporary community of all ages strategically located in the middle of the suburbs in Dartmouth/Cole Harbour, N.S. This is a beautiful place to live where big city amenities, country/ocean experiences and countless outreach opportunities are mere minutes away. As we pass 250 people who call Regal home (150 on the average Sunday) and with our current facility at capacity, we need to move towards 2 worship services. To do so, our next engagement is for this position. We are flexible about getting the right people in the right places because we are passionate about leading everyone to Christ in this city where they can learn to know Him, experience Him in worship and be led by Him in our daily lives. If your speciality is in youth, young adults or pastoral care, we can have that portfolio be your associate pastor ministry beyond leading the worship ministry. We can rearrange our current staff of 3 to accommodate your secondary gifting.
Position Description: The Associate Pastor will be the ‘producer’ of each worship service and special programs. Although the Lead Pastor sets the theme and overall direction, the Associate Pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. This individual should be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. This position is pastoral in nature and one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director, but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry. The Associate Pastor will be an effective leader that lives out the faith in their daily life. Someone who works well with the Lead Pastor, Leadership Team and Deacons, a good listener who communicates well with people of all ages. In building the worship teams, this position is not just about doing the job, but seeing that the job gets done in accordance with Regal Heights Vision, Mission, Strategic Objectives and Core Values:
Vision: “A joy-filled family of Christ’s ambassadors, impacting the lives of all generations”
Mission: “Building up disciples through engaging Bible based, Christ-centered ministry. We intentionally seek to serve and invite others to encounter the love and hope of Christ that transforms lives.”
1. Evaluate the facility needs which are required to progress our vision and mission.
2. To raise up a servant base for every ministry that meets the ministry’s needs.
3. Develop and maintain a robust and well-equipped staff & leadership team to promote the ministry of Regal Heights.
4. Equip and disciple people to know Jesus and share their faith.
Spirit-led, Grace, Unity, Prayerful, Accountability, Committed, Humility, Worshipful
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. A clearly demonstrated love for and willingness to serve, equip, and minister to the church body and the greater church and community.
3. Commitment to moral purity
4. Demonstrated standard of excellence in performing the tasks of the job
5. A servant leader
6. Has a good reputation
Education and Experience: Adequate theological Education, training and experience for leading worship and your secondary ministry.
1. A leader as well as musician who can work with a team of staff and volunteers effectively
2. A heart for spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
3. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a growing church in worship.
4. Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
5. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, PowerPoint, and video projection.
6. Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
7. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
8. A self-starter
9. Good communication skills, both written and oral.
10. Working knowledge of computer programs like Microsoft office and email.
11. Proactively advance theological study and learn new skills relative to this position.
12. To recruit and train servants.
1. Maintain authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession and fellowship.
2. Plan the corporate worship service in consultation with the Lead Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
3. Serve as lead worshiper in most worship services.
4. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
5. The Associate pastor will also work with a team of servants in another ministry.
6. Introduce our worship teams and choirs to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
7. Assist with planning special events and outreach.
8. Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
9. Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, etc. for both evangelistic and volunteer purposes where possible.
10. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
11. Assist Lead Pastor and Deacons in areas of spiritual care of the church body.
12. Preparation of written communications and documents, for congregational meetings.
Please Note that though continued growth will be challenging, you will have an incredible team working with you in all this. You will have plenty of freedom, but you will not be on your own. If some of the responsibilities seem beyond you but you are willing to learn and be used by God in a mighty way, please apply, we are more than happy to help someone grow and walk out their giftings.
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week with flexible scheduling. Must be flexible to work other hours on occasions where attendance is required. Flexibility also exists so you can easily care for your family and personal life. We are far more concerned about quality ministry being accomplished than you ‘punching a clock’. Overtime, when needed, will be paid back with extra vacation time. For example, we usually close the office between Christmas and New Year to make up for how busy the Christmas season is.
Renumeration and vacation will be competitive and in line with your skill. Regal provides a generous co-pay retirement saving package and our medical benefits, which are excellent, are paid for by entirely by the employer.
We are praying for you. All applicants will be replied too. If after praying you discern you should apply, please send your resume to Leah at [email protected]