Richmond Peace Chinese Mennonite Church (RPCMC) is a dynamic and growing congregation in Northeast Richmond, BC. To lead our emerging youth and young adults, we are looking for a part time Youth Pastor / Seminary Intern. With a small group of teenagers/young adults gathering weekly on Sunday, this part time position is created to lead them to spiritual commitments and disciplines that will result in spiritual maturity. This position will plan, develop and lead the youth ministry at RPCMC.
Salary is in accordance with Mennonite Church Canada guidelines.
1. A vital personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. A call to pastoral ministry from God.
3. High integrity and spiritual discernment.
4. Strong morals, values and excellent role model
5. Some experience in youth ministry and a desire for further training and growth.
6. Excellent command of spoken and written English.
7. Obtained a degree or studying from an accredited evangelical seminary/Bible school
8. Strong communication skills and gift of preaching and teaching.
9. Appreciate cultural diversity
1. Mentor the youth in their Christian walk with the goal of helping them to attain spiritual maturity.
2. Be the preacher for youth worship.
3. Involve in teaching Bible study and/or discipleship training.
4. Offer visitation and counseling to the youth as needed.
5. Develop outreach events to attract youth from surrounding communities.
6. Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Lead Pastor or the Deacon’s Board.
Please email your resume and covering letter to:
Pastoral Search Committee