Richmond Pentecostal Church (RPC) comprises a congregation of roughly four hundred people.
The City of Richmond is a growing city with many residents having moved here from other
countries. This vacancy represents an opportunity to reach and disciple the people of our
church and community; and to develop a vibrant and growing worship arts ministry.
The Worship and Arts Ministries Pastor is responsible for cultivating a positive working
relationship with the staff and the congregation. They are the Lead Pastor’s representative to
the congregation and community. This requires grace under pressure, the ability to manage
multiple tasks and the willingness to joyfully embrace the vision and values of the greater
church. A positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills are required. Caring for their own soul
and leading a spiritually healthy life for others to follow is extremely important.
The Worship and Arts Ministries Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and will assist him in the
mandate to care for and lead the church family of Richmond Pentecostal Church and to reach
out to the community.
• A personal and growing relationship with God, leading a life that is consistent both in
public and private, reflecting a deep devotion to Christ in a manner that is worthy of
• Evidence of a vocational calling to ministry consistent with Scriptural mandates for
leaders (Ephesians 4).
• Bible College or Seminary education (ideally at minimum a bachelor degree, however,
consideration will be given to candidates who are working towards a ministerial
• Both natural giftedness and honed skill in music, and the proven ability to lead others in
worship and arts.
• A self-motivated leader.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Plan weekly, thematic worship gatherings in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
• Be a participant on the service planning team and develop and communicate weekly orders of worship to staff and others involved.
• Maintain a current song database that reflects sound biblical teaching and supports the vision and values of Richmond Pentecostal Church as outlined by the Lead Pastor.
• Expand and develop current worship team members.
• Recruit and train new worship team members (Identify and involve those in our congregation who love the Lord, have a passion for ministry, are equipped with musical gifts, and integrate them into the worship arts ministry of Richmond Pentecostal Church).
• Lead a weekly worship team practice to assist the musicians and vocalists in pursuing excellence, which is ultimately for God’s glory.
• Plan and oversee main auditorium stage set designs.
• Implement a scheduling system for musicians, vocalists, and sound/technical/lighting personnel for worship services through administrative, web-based software.
• Serve as a resource for other ministry departments for their audio, video, and lighting (AVL) needs, and in the development of their respective worship teams.
• Provide training for AVL personnel.
• Design and disperse the Worship and Arts Ministries budget in partnership with the Lead Pastor.
• Contact and facilitate any musical guests that may be invited to minister to the congregation.
• Lead in the planning and carrying out of special music and arts and production related outreaches and events that involve drama and music – namely Christmas and Easter etc.
• Lead and minister at weddings and funerals when requested.
• Keep instruments and equipment in fine working order.
• Plan towards RPC’s very own original compositions and recordings.
• Attend conferences, seminars or courses that will add value to the Worship and Arts Ministries of RPC.
• Provide an environment where all of the generations and cultures can meaningfully worship the Lord. RPC is a multicultural and multigenerational congregation. The Worship and Arts Ministries Pastor will need to be able to lead in blended worship style when and where appropriate.
• To facilitate a climate of edification for both the believer and not yet convinced who gather for worship.
• To declare through the arts the greatness of God and the way of salvation.
• Be a team player with strong relational skills so as to connect relationally with Worship and Arts Ministries team members and the rest of the pastoral ministry team.
• Demonstrate the ability to create, execute and impart long-term vision for the church’s Worship and Arts Ministries.
• Media and graphic/video design abilities may also be a consideration.
• Young Adult Ministry interest and experience an asset.
Salary commensurate to experience and qualifications.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume (including three references), and a one page statement of philosophy of ministry (ie. what is the definition of and biblical basis for your interest and calling to Worship and Arts Ministries?)
Applications can be emailed to [email protected]