Interested applicants must respond in writing to
Vienne Chan, Boundless Vancouver Community & Family Ministries, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*7 Positions Available*
Please respond with cover letter and resume and quote “ Christmas Caseworker” in the subject line.
Boundless Vancouver Community & Family Ministries organizes The Salvation Army Toy Mountain, which includes both the collection and distribution of toys and Christmas hampers. The Christmas Caseworker works directly with individuals and families (our neighbours) who are the recipients of toys and Christmas hampers. The Caseworker creates an invitational space that honours our neighbours by providing administration and coordination of the registration, processing, sorting, and distribution processes.
• Contract: Nov 22 – Dec 21, 2018
• Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
• Evaluate and process applications for our Christmas Assistance program according to registration criteria
• Record all essential information into The Salvation Army database (CMS – Client Management System)
• Assist with front desk operations when needed
• Assist in the maintenance of client files as directed
• Maintain confidentiality and keep accurate client files and statistical records
• Assist in the organization, set-up, maintenance and general cleanliness of the facility
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• High School Education (an alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable)
• Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
• Demonstrate empathy and concern for neighbours/families with respect, assertiveness and tact
• Be able to work in a busy environment, in a team setting, with a calm and positive attitude
• Agree to undergo a Criminal Record Check
• Up to three (3) months of prior related experience, including experience working with multi-barriered neighbours
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.