Scarborough Chinese Alliance Church (SCAC) is seeking a full-time pastor to develop the Student & Young Adult Ministries (High School, University and Young Career) at SCAC Cantonese Congregation. This pastor will assist the Senior Pastor in leading our dynamic Cantonese congregational church. This individual will shepherd and grow the group to become spiritually mature and multiplying disciples.
SCAC is a missionary sending and missional church established in 1981, with the congregation being predominantly Cantonese speaking Chinese that has now grown to 1300 adults and 200 children. We have 12 pastors on staff shepherding, leading and reaching Cantonese, Mandarin, English and South Asians community in both campuses.
• Provide spiritual leadership and guidance to the Student ministry team and Young Adult Ministry Team. Develop and implement the Ministry Plan to grow the group. Collaborate with co-workers and departments for synergy.
• Provide leadership and passionate cares to student group and young adult group with Hong Kong background.
• Reaching out and shepherding Hong Kong immigrant to be Christ’s disciples.
• Equip, energize and empower congregation for effective and efficient ministry to guide people to God.
• Other pastoral duties as assigned
• Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and be baptized. Have a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
• A Master Degree or its equivalent from an accredited Theological Seminary.
• Able to meet the requirements for accreditation with the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada. Supports C&MA Visions, Statement of Faith, and Mission, SCAC DNA, Multi-site strategy & cultures.
• Have the gift and passion for preaching and biblical teaching. Experienced in shepherding, leadership training reaching out to primarily Cantonese speaking students, adults, and administration.
• Have the ability to recruit and equip volunteers & develop leaders in the Student ministry and Young Adult Ministry.
• Be a self-starter, passion and initiative: willing to be held accountable and be a team player.
If you are interested to apply for this vacancy, please send your resume to:
Rev. Dr. Matthew Chiu, [email protected] or call 416-754-3308 ext. 303
For more information please visit our website at www.scac.org.