English Congregation Seminary Intern (Young Adult Ministry)
Who we are?
SCAC is a missionary sending and missional church established in 1981, with 2 campuses and 7 Sunday worship services, SCAC has now grown to 1500 adults and 200 children. We have 12 pastors on staff shepherding, leading and reaching Cantonese speaking, English speaking, Mandarin speaking congregations. To learn more about SCAC, visit scac.org
Scarborough Chinese Alliance Church is seeking a seminary intern to develop the second-generation Chinese Young Adult Ministries (University and Young Career) in English congregation. This seminary intern will assist the English Lead Pastor in leading our dynamic English congregation.
What is the opportunity?
The purpose of the internship is to provide an intern with the opportunity to learn and develop ministry skills according to gifts and calling of a minister. It is an opportunity to reveal, and hopefully compensate for, any lacunae in your education and training that are not covered in normal seminary courses. You will be required to participate in all aspects of the church’s ministry to be discipled by the pastoral team for continued spiritual growth, including ministry planning, execution, and evaluation.
Reporting to the Executive Pastor, you will take ministry directives from the English lead pastor throughout a variety of pastoral responsibilities and mentoring opportunities and ministry roles. You will partner with a wide range of pastoral and volunteer teams to foster a strong collaboration culture for life transformation and church unity.
What will you do?
· Meet weekly with Executive pastor and mentors
· Attend weekly EM ministry meeting and Young Adult ministry committee
· Participate in regular ministry events
· Support the work of the EM pastoral team in various ways such as ministry coordination, events planning, Sunday worship services preparation, teaching, caring, visitation, evangelical outreach and prayer meetings
· Shepherd and lead Young adult ministry group
· Other responsibilities assigned by the Executive pastor.
What will you learn in this role?
· A mature Christian and commit to SCAC DNAs, values, mission and Statement of Faith of Christian and Missionary Alliance Canada
· Emotionally matured and people-oriented servant leadership with excellent collaboration, teamwork, communication, planning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Active learner and self-starter, open to new or different way of doing things
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and develop relationship with all co-workers among staff, pastoral and volunteer teams in a multi-cultural, multi-congregations, multi-campus, and multilingual ministry environment.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize works collaboratively in a cross-functional and matrixed environment.
· Good understanding of SCAC’s DNA and ministry philosophy is an asset
The Seminary Intern position is a part time (15 hours per week) 12-month role. Work schedule will be determined later, but you are expected to be made available for meetings in evenings and weekend when required, plus regular involvement on Sundays.
If you are interested to apply for this vacancy, please send your resume to:
Rev. Dr. Matthew Chiu, [email protected] or call 416-754-3308 ext. 303
For more information please visit our website at www.scac.org.