TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER ( PART-TIME / CONTRACT )
The purpose of the Technical Support Officer is to enhance our ministries through the effective application of computer hardware and software systems, and management of the data network. This position works closely with ministry leaders, AV and Infrastructure specialist, administration team, and reports directly to the Administration Manager.
SCBC seeks a Technical Support Officer to oversee the acquisition, development and support of various software and IT related systems, and the network infrastructure. SCBC has numerous hardware/software systems that include our website, Internet access and firewall, financial system, room booking system, children sign-in/out system, membership system; all require maintenance, upgrades and/or replacement. You will be responsible for auditing our existing systems ensuring that they meet our user and security requirements. You will work with various ministries to identify their needs, collaborate with AV & Infrastructure Specialist to determine the best software/hardware solution and its implementation.
· Manage and oversee SCBC application systems, software and user licenses, maintain software upgrades and enhancements, ensuring all systems are fully operational.
· Audit and document system specifications, system configurations, security and user permission settings.
· Manage website integration, design and development, maintenance and upgrades, and provide scheduled data/information/file uploads.
· Manage and oversee database maintenance, inventory and data entry and archiving.
· Ensure the network infrastructure functions at 99.9% up-time. To develop a contingency plan to fall back on should any part of the infrastructure fails, and test periodically.
· Manage network security. Implement and monitor security systems and firewall to protect our digital infrastructure from outside hackers and malware or viruses. Safeguard the network/Internet access from inappropriate use. Manage system access policies for staff members, users and volunteers.
· Conduct scheduled audits of digital infrastructure. Report on the status of the various systems within our digital infrastructure and to provide recommendations for upkeep, upgrade or replacement.
· Coordinate with pastors and ministry leaders to ensure latest ministry information are updated on all media source including but not exclusive to SCBC websites, Fellowship Hall projections and Digital Display Sign.
· Edit audio and video recordings from Sunday school, worship sermons and special events for uploading to SCBC websites.
· Assist in creating PowerPoint presentations for sermon series, special events, and any church wide events.
· Work with various ministries to identify user needs; collaborate with IT /computer team to provide a solution and implementation plan.
· Recruit and coach volunteers to assist in the development and maintenance of various application systems.
· Manage and execute end user/volunteers training. Prepare training documents and schedule training sessions for staff and users.
· Any other computer, software application and technical support tasks assigned by Administration Manager
Excellent communicate skills in English and Chinese (both oral and written form)
Strong team player and interpersonal skills.
Project management skills.
An undergraduate degree or any combination of education and training equivalent to a degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas.
Excellent understanding of Internet technologies, web development and integration, business IT systems, E-mail systems, operating systems, database systems, office applications, social media and media delivery systems, and network infrastructure.
Ability to analyze complex problems and provide cost effective solutions.
Troubleshoot and resolve software problems.
Spiritually mature believer in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a passion for the local church and the wider kingdom of God.
Interested candidates please submit a covering letter and resume to [email protected] with subject line “Technical Support Officer” or submit your application letter to church office in sealed envelope with “Technical Support Officer” clearly marked, no later than November 10, 2019.
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all interested applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.