In co-operation with the Elder Team the lead pastor will be expected to:
· Prepare weekly scripture based relevant sermons, delivery of such sermons and conduct challenging worship services.
· Oversee and help to lead various ministries within the church.
Eg. Children’s Ministry
· Care and counselling to church members.
· Officiate at special services.
· Attend and participate in Leadership/Elder meetings.
· Caring, understanding, approachable and respectful.
· Passionate about leading people into a personal relationship with Christ and fostering spiritual growth in individuals.
· Respect for God’s Word as inerrant truth.
· A person of integrity and humility.
· Minimum Bachelor of Religious Studies (with pastoral focus) or comparable education.
· Successful pastoral experience of at least 5 years serving in an evangelical church.
Simcoside Church Website – http://simcoside.com/