We are looking for you, an anointed and dynamic person of faith, to join our team as Children’s Ministry Director. If you’re God’s choice for Sonrise, you’ll have vision and gifting to take our Children’s department to the next level. We have great people involved already and we need a leader to rally them. For a suitable fit, it’s crucially important to be able to work alongside the strong leadership on our ministry team, whether our staff or volunteers. As well, you’ll strive to do ministry through teams in every aspect of the church. When you arrive, you’ll need to hit the ground running and be someone who wants to be part of a growing church and provide the leadership a growing church needs!
If this sounds interesting to you, and you feel the Lord moving you in our direction, then please read on.
Sonrise is excited to be a growing church and we are thrilled to expand our ministry team. Our church has about 200 people attending on Sunday morning with a wide demographic of ages including lots of young families. We are an Evangelical Pentecostal Church that was planted in 1989 associated with the ACOP Fellowship (www.acop.ca). While we’ve been around for over 29 years, God is doing something new and fresh at Sonrise and that is why we are growing and need you! We desire to continually focus on the next generation – hence we love kids, youth and young adults. We love worship, preaching, prayer, the Word, and believe and seek God for His miracles. Sonrise is also a generous church and we believe we are called to be a sending church and currently have a mission focus in Africa, Asia, various regions of Canada and unreached people groups. We have also partnered with local faith-based and community agencies to extend hope to the world.
Our ministry team currently consists of Chris Westby, Noel Santos, Tyler Young, Claire Cranston, Shemuel Moses, Thandi Watkins and Shalan Weibe. Chris and Sherri, our Lead Pastors, have been leading Sonrise for over 2 years, having been on staff as an associate for 2 years as part of a succession plan. Chris is a graduate of Arrow Leadership and has a MA in Leadership.
A little about our facilities…
We’re located on one of the busiest streets in the lower mainland, and in one of the fastest growing communities of Surrey. We have a fantastic building that is fully paid for, with room to expand. Our main room can also be used as a sports gym and we have a commercial kitchen for hosting great church events. This church building is nothing short of a miracle in every way.
What you can expect for an interview process..
Once you send a cover letter and resume you’ll have a chance to meet with Pastor Chris in person or on Skype, from there you’ll meet with our search team for another round of conversation and questions. Salary and compensation will be based on age, family make up, experience and education. This is a part time position based on 20 hours a week
Please email email@example.com with your resume or any questions
SONRISE CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
We dream of a thriving, prayer-filled, multicultural church known as a centre for excellent worship with the supernatural move of God over multiple services. We dream of a thriving children’s ministry! So much so that the children are drawing their parents back to church and our events! We dream of a highly engaged, multi-generational church with a spirit of excellence where children are embraced and equipped in the present. We’re also dreaming of a hub for ministry training for the next generation. You may be the person to compliment our team and help us grow to see children enter a life changing relationship with Jesus!
• Spirit filled follower of Jesus, who is specifically called to see the next generation seek God wholeheartedly.
• High energy, high connecting ability with families that exudes love, confidence and relatability and communicates value and appreciation in an inclusive environment.
• Evidence of imagination and creativity within the scope of your ministry.
• High level of leadership with the ability to create and carry vision and engage the community to create a strong children’s ministry culture where team and individuals are inspired and empowered to serve and given the tools to succeed.
• An unquestionable love for children and the next generation with an ability to relate to them.
• A deep love for Jesus with a desire to serve Him through church leadership.
• A history of success and growth in past environments within this type of ministry.
• Person of faith, enjoying a vibrant and strong pattern of personal spiritual disciplines in prayer, Bible reading, stewardship etc.
• Alignment with and support for the purpose, mission, values and dreams of Sonrise
• Field related degree or a demonstrated theological understanding and spirit filled life experience.
• Practical skills of a multi-tasker, effective communication and computer skills (especially Gmail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with InDesign and WordPress are an asset)
This is a part-time role, which includes a minimum of 20 hours per week, selected evenings, special events and preparation, and all Sundays. Compensation will be discussed in the interview process and experience and education will be considered in the discussion.
CONTACT Chris Westby, Lead Pastor, Wk: 604 575 5588, Cel: 604 908 9234, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org