Associate Pastor – English Congregation
Description: South Calgary Chinese Evangelical Free Church (SCCEFC) is a thriving, family-oriented, missions focused church in Calgary, Alberta. Since 1988, SCCEFC has grown and now serves three congregations (Cantonese, English, and Mandarin) with a total weekly attendance of more than 900. The English congregation is a very young congregation with a weekly attendance of approximately 200. We are primarily made up of young families, university/college age students, and teens and our vision is to “reflect the relentless love of Christ to our world.”
We are currently looking for an Associate Pastor who will provide leadership within the English Congregation and who will work primarily in our adult and family ministries. The Associate Pastor will work under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
· work closely with the deacons and Lead Pastor to execute our strategic plan in the following areas: community formation, spiritual formation, local outreach.
· provide leadership and support to the university age fellowship
· develop a comprehensive family ministry (e.g. mom’s support fellowship, parenting resources and classes etc.)
· develop any new initiatives as required
· preach and teach as required
· be an active and contributing member to the wider pastoral team
Qualifications: Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Biblical qualification and standards (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; Acts 20:28 and 1 Peter 5:1-4)
· Master’s degree from an evangelical seminary or higher theological training (preferred but not required)
· Proven experience in leadership responsibilities
· Proven ability and experience to preach and teach
· Fluency in English is required
· Minimum of two years pastoral ministry experience
· Experience in working within a cross-cultural context
The candidate will need to be in agreement with SCCEFC’s Constitution and Bylaws, and be willing to undergo the licensing/ordination process of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada.
If you believe that the Lord is calling you to serve with our church, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.