Ministry Description: South Calgary Chinese Evangelical Free Church (SCCEFC) is a thriving, family-oriented, missions focused church in Calgary, Alberta. Since 1988, SCCEFC has grown and now serves three congregations (Cantonese, English, and Mandarin) with a total weekly attendance of more than 900.
We are currently looking for an Associate Director of Children’s ministry who will provide leadership to our early childhood education ministries. The Associate Director will work under the direction of the Director of Children’s Ministry.
• Committed Christ-follower who feels a call by God to full-time ministry.
• Official training in Early Childhood Education and/or strong Biblical groundings through formal training (degree or diploma from Seminary or Bible College or a certificate from other reputable Para-church Organizations).
• 2 – 5 years active experience in a mid-size to large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry volunteer staff and demonstrating his/her abilities to work well with young children.
• Fluent in English and ideally the ability to speak Cantonese or Mandarin.
• Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, etc.) and the capacity to learn new software.
• In agreement with SCCEFC’s statement of faith and willing to abide by the church’s constitution
• Meets regularly and works as a team with the Elementary Children’s Director.
• Serves as a team leader in the Children Ministry Committee.
• Leads and teaches in our Nursery, Children Sunday School, and Agapeland fellowships.
• Helps to coordinate children programs of the church, including summer programs and special events.
• Provide spiritual support and care for expecting parents.
• Recruits, trains and provides spiritual care for volunteers for the various programs that are geared towards babies and young children.
• Responsible for check-in and safety procedures for the department.
If you believe that the Lord is calling you to serve with our church, please email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume.