Description: South Calgary Chinese Evangelical Free Church (SCCEFC) is a thriving, family-oriented, missions focused church in Calgary, Alberta. Since 1988, SCCEFC has grown and now serves three congregations (Cantonese, English, and Mandarin) with a total weekly attendance of more than 900. Our Cantonese Congregation consists of: seniors baby boomers, families with young children as well as early career and students. Our Sunday Worship attendance were approximately 450. We are currently looking for either an Associate Pastor (with some pastoral experience) or Assistant pastor (with little or no experience) who will provide leadership and pastoral care within the Cantonese Congregation.
• Biblical qualification and standards (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; Acts 20:28 and 1 Peter 5:1-4) Master’s degree from an evangelical seminary or higher theological training (preferred but not required
• Proven experience in leadership responsibilities
• Proven ability and experience to preach and teach
• Fluent in Cantonese and good English communication skills is required
• Minimum of two years pastoral experience (Associate Pastor)
• Experience working within a cross-cultural context. Care more about people than about running successful programs, and a disciple making pastor who demonstrate a true disciple of our Lord in his personal and family life.
• In agreement with SCCEFC’s statement of faith and willing to abide by the church’s constitution
• Overseeing and developing discipleship and Christian formation ministries, including participating in regular teaching in Sunday services, Sunday schools and weekday workshops.
• Providing pastoral care and counseling to the needs of the congregation and also to train and equip the congregation to develop congregation-wide caring ministries.
• Actively connecting with the community and newcomers by implementing sustainable and impactful outreach ministries/events
• Take initiatives in church mission trips.
• Minister to our parenting fellowships and small groups.
• Work under the leadership of the Lead Pastor and in conjunction with the Pastoral team and Deacons to implement Church vision, mission, values and specific plans.
If you believe that the Lord is calling you to serve with our church, please email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume.