The Director of Worship Arts oversees the Worship Arts Ministry and collaborates with the Lead Pastor
to develop a joyful worship culture at South Delta Baptist Church; helping people engage in a meaningful
worship experience that encourages, teaches, convicts, and inspires. This includes all aspects of SDBC
Worship: service planning and leading, team building, and larger creative projects.
• Reports to the Lead Pastor
• Oversees the Worship Team and Tech Team
DEMONSTRATED QUALITIES & SKILLS
• Significant worship leading experience
• High level of musicianship
• Leadership qualities
• Ability to plan and execute large events with creativity
• Biblical knowledge and maturity in Christ
• To lead the creation of Sunday worship services while working with the team to craft engaging
and meaningful worship times that represent SDBC values
• To formally lead worship on most Sundays and weekday rehearsals
• To lead in the creation of all major event worship times
• To develop all SDBC worship team members to grow in their technical skills and their ability to
express SDBC worship philosophy
• To take ownership of inviting new people to serve on a regular basis
• To create a culture of excellent volunteer care; committing to thank at least one volunteer on a
weekly basis through email, text, phone call, handwritten card, etc.
• To intentionally pursue relationships with unchurched people–connecting with them, inviting
them to events and Sunday services, etc.
• To be a part of a community group at SDBC
• The mission, vision, and values of SDBC are reflected in our times of musical worship
– Mission: We honour Jesus who gives hope to all by obeying the Great Commission as laid out in
– Vision: The way in which we achieve the mission is spelled out in our vision statement:
Love Like Jesus.
– Values: The values that build, protect, and guide our culture are as follows:
Priesthood of All Believers (lay people involvement & team mindedness);
Shared Life & Shared Mission (being mission focused in community);
Gospel Fluency (equipping everyone to be fluent in the gospel);
Reaching the Next Generation (to leave a legacy of the gospel to our children & grandchildren).
• The worship atmosphere is fun, energetic, and a celebration of what Jesus has done for us
• The worship atmosphere is welcoming of both the churched and the unchurched
• SDBC worship team embodies the philosophy of SDBC worship and works towards competence
• Worship service helps people to leave strengthened, encouraged, inspired, and reminded of the
faithfulness of God, and enter into the mission field with courage, passion, and sense of
• The worship atmosphere appeals to the next generation
• Our culture at SDBC is all about being a family in Christ. Both within our staff and in the church
at large, we strive to be meaningfully connected; doing life together so that we can effectively
disciple one another to follow after Jesus.
• In the past year, we have been establishing a culture of missionally minded Christians who are in
community as a missional team. At the end of the day, our goal is to participate in the mission of
God to bring His love and grace to the world, and we do this in teams; not just individually.
• Because we emphasize community and family a lot, we want to express our connectedness in a
fun and exciting way. We strive to be excellent celebrators of God’s love and grace in everything
that we do, and engage in our work with unmatched passion. We want people who are
passionate about Jesus to join our team, and we want our church family to be passionate about
• 40hrs per week; work days are generally Sunday to Thursday
• Two weeks of vacation + time off for office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.