Position Title: Caretaker
Summary: The Caretaker provides cleaning services that help ensure the cleanliness, attractive appearance and safety of St. Andrew’s Hall
Type of Position: Part-time with one year contract
Start date: December 2021
Term: 12 months (to November 2022)
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Caretaker is responsible for providing cleaning services, including general upkeep and cleaning of the facilities of St. Andrew’s Hall and other light tasks as assigned by the Housing Manager. The Caretaker also works closely with other staff of St. Andrew’s Hall for cleaning duties related to residents’ move-outs and move-ins.
Accountability: The Caretaker reports to the Housing Manager.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills are necessary for dealing with residents, fellow staff members, and others within SAH community. The ability to work in an open, co-operative, non-manipulative manner is essential.
· Ability to manage time and workload effectively, and to set priorities to meet changing needs and circumstances.
· Personal and professional conduct consistent with the values and mission of St. Andrew’s Hall
· Previous experience relevant to the responsibilities of the position
· A Police Information Check (Standard with Vulnerable Sector Check) to be submitted
Hours of Work and Rate of Pay:
This position involves 10 hours per week, 2-3 hours a day, flexible between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. The number of hours will be reviewed after the 3-month probation. However, the Caretaker may be requested for additional hours by the Housing Manager if needed.
Remuneration and Benefits:
· The rate of pay will be $20/hour. Overtime will be paid only for approved hours.
· This position receives contributions to CPP, EI, and WorkSafeBC.
Applications can be emailed to the Housing Manager of St. Andrew’s Hall at [email protected] A resume and two work-related reference letters should be attached.