St John’s Vancouver is looking for a part time music leader to serve the evening service congregation for a Maternity Leave position.
The evening service is contemporary, liturgical, multigenerational, and enjoys a mix of modern and traditional hymns.
This position is 15 hours per week and starts October 2020.
• Lead the music most weeks
• Develop the volunteer musicians
• Schedule music teams
• Work with the Evening Service minister to plan for special services (Easter/Christmas etc)
• A trusting relationship with Jesus Christ that is clearly exhibited in the leader’s life
• The right candidate will have a clear understanding of the Gospel, having a Christ focused biblical theology (that is compatible with the doctrine of this church)
• Skilled Instrumentalist [preferably guitar and/or piano]
• Lead quality vocalist – a strong, listenable voice to be easily followed
• Prior experience in church or para-church worship ministry is required
• Basic knowledge of sound and audio recording is helpful.
• Ability to work with a minister who every now and then just decides he doesn’t really like a song you like, so tells you to stop playing it, even though you really really like it, but the minister thinks the eschatology is a bit over realized, but you think it’s simply a prayer of hope.
• The music leader is expected to participate in the shared life, personal growth, and accountability of this church.
• The ability to maintain a schedule for him/herself, the Worship team members, handle details related to worship planning and be prepared with planning ahead in worship
• The ability to organize and communicate clearly and consistently.
Email a cover letter, resume and any other relevant information (audio file or links to your work), or questions to
[email protected] Deadline for applications is May 10, 2015