Role & Responsibility Description for SLCCC Youth Pastor/Minister
St. Louis Chinese Christian Church (SLCCC) seeks to fill a full-time English ministry position primarily responsible for youth ministry (grades 6-12). SLCCC is an independent evangelical Church. The applicant must have a love for God, a love for youth, and a pastoral heart to see them grow in their relationship with Christ. In addition, the following are required:
· Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
· Provide direct leadership for weekly high school and middle school youth fellowship groups. Both groups include Bible study, music, recreation, service activities, etc.
· Direct small group discipleship and leadership mentoring of youth.
· Teach and coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth.
· Provide administrative oversight for various children’s ministries.
· Get involved with youth, personally and individually, outside of regular church meetings.
· A born-again Christian, spiritually mature, with a disciplined spiritual life and devotional habits.
· A passion and clear conviction of God’s calling to children and youth ministries (official pastoral ordination is not required).
· In agreement with SLCCC doctrine http://slcccfaithstatements.blogspot.com/
· Recent youth ministry experience, whether as a layperson or as a paid part-time or full-time worker, is preferred.
· Appreciation and interest in Asian-American culture is a plus.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a ministry-related education program.
· Musical skill or leadership is preferred.
· References/Recommendation Letters, at least three, one of which has to be a recommendation letter from the applicant’s current church pastor
Material needed for application:
· Faith Statement
· Testimony of Calling to Ministry
· Reference Letters as mentioned above