“The Community of St. Mark’s at UBC, which includes St. Mark’s College, Corpus Christi College, and St. Mark’s Parish, is the Catholic centre at UBC. St. Mark’s College educates undergraduate and graduate students through a theological lens, preparing them to become leaders in Catholic schools, healthcare, and social services. Corpus Christi College provides students with the good undergraduate start that develops the individual student’s potential and enables success today and beyond. Our offerings are unique, imbued with Catholic values, while complementary to UBC.”
The mandate of the Communications Office, St. Mark’s College & Corpus Christi College is to support the recruiting and development strategies, initiatives, and campaigns by building awareness among target groups through a range of tactics, including conveying the Colleges’ vision and mission; cohesive branding and corporate identity; key messaging; online presence; social media coverage; mainstream media coverage; targeted advertising; print collateral; and others.
The mandate of the Digital Media Coordinator will be to promote St. Mark’s College and Corpus Christi College through various online platforms and to maintain an active presence on social media accounts.
The role is part-time (15-20hrs/month), remuneration will be dependent on job experience and skills, and the work can be done at the Colleges or remotely. Additional project based contracts may be added.
The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for
· Developing, designing, and posting content to our website and social media channels
· Informing prospective students about the offerings of the Colleges
· Sharing events with our stakeholders and promoting our unique academic community
Functional Reporting Relationships:
The Digital Media Coordinator reports to the Manager, Communications.
Primary working relationships are with Recruitment, Student Life, Campus Ministry, Development and Alumni Relations.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
A. Manage Social Media Accounts
· Schedule and post content to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
· Monitor comments and provide responses where appropriate
· Content shared can come from our website and internal sources, with other content being sourced from students, community, educational partners, and media
B. Update & Develop Content
· From time to time, new website content and stories will need to be developed. This will require finding the appropriate information, laying it out, and posting it to our WordPress website
· Priorities for updating the website and content development will be determined with the Communications team
C. Additional Paid Projects
· The Digital Media Coordinator can receive additional College contracts for paid digital marketing campaigns. Ex. Recruitment campaign for new program through Facebook and Instagram. Payment for this work will be in addition to the 15-20 hrs/month
· Experience managing organizational/company social media accounts and content creation
· WordPress familiarity is beneficial
· Understanding of the post-secondary education system and faith-based organizations
· Excellent written skills in English
· Documented experience in running digital marketing campaigns
· Ability to maintain a high level of initiative, judgement, and discretion
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
· Commitment to forwarding the missions and visions of St. Mark’s College and Corpus Christi College
Closing Date: August 1, 2018
Preferred Job Start Date: August 10, 2018
Please forward your CV and cover letter
We welcome skilled applicants from all faith and spiritual backgrounds