“The Community of St. Mark’s, which includes St. Mark’s College, Corpus Christi College, and St. Mark’s Parish, is the Catholic centre at UBC. St. Mark’s College educates undergraduate and graduate students through a theological lens, preparing them to become leaders in Catholic schools, healthcare, and social services. It also prepares the academic formation for men preparing to serve as permanent deacons in the Archdiocese of Vancouver. Corpus Christi College provides students with the good undergraduate start that develops the individual student’s potential and enables success today and beyond. Our offerings are unique, imbued with Catholic values, while complementary to UBC.”
The mandate of the Office of the Registrar, St. Mark’s College/Corpus Christi College is to manage and provide operational oversight in five (5) key areas: student recruitment and admissions, academic advising, enrolment and records, academic resources and support, institutional analysis, and academic administration in collaboration with the Deans.
The Enrolment Services Officer, St. Mark’s College/Corpus Christi College is responsible for assisting the Office of the Registrar in fulfilling its duties relating to student enrolment and record management.
The Registrar must prioritize workload issues of a cyclical and ad hoc nature and maintain flexibility regarding priorities due to the nature of the office and the need to quickly adjust to changing deadlines and priorities.
Functional Reporting Relationships:
The Enrolment Services Officer reports to the Associate Registrar.
Primary working relationships are with Admissions; Student Financial Aid; Academic Advising; Recruitment Services; and, the students.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
The Enrolment Services Officer provides support to all student enrolment and student record aspects of the Office of the Registrar, St. Mark’s College/Corpus Christi College, including, but are not limited to, the following:
· Oversee course registration, primarily through an online student information system
· Assist in setting up classes in the online learning management system
· Process requests for transfer credits
· Maintain student records accurate and updated in accordance with applicable legislation and policy including updating vital information; verify changes for accuracy. Identify and correct discrepancies and errors in student records.
· Issue letters of permission to students registering for courses at another institution while currently enrolled at CCC/SMC.
· Prepare confirmations of enrolment as requested by students for various purposes
· Create and manage upload list of students eligible for UBC/AMS programs and services as an affiliated institution specifically Extended Health & Dental and U-PASS transit program
· Assist with the preparation and coordination of final exam schedule
· Coordinate student exam accommodation requests
· Process transcript requests
· Preparation of academic documents for convocation
· Ensure that semester information in the student information system and related publication documents are produced, posted and maintained throughout the academic year in a timely manner
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience and education
· At least 3 years previous experience in a highly professional academic environment
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A positive, can-do attitude
· Demonstrate extreme attention to details
· Maintain a high level of initiative, judgement, and discretion
· Ensure that absolute confidentiality is maintained in all matters
· Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work individually and collaboratively
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
· Commitment to forwarding the missions and visions of St. Mark’s College and Corpus Christi College
Friday, August 10, 2018
Preferred Job Start Date:
Monday, August 27, 2018