JOB OPPORTUNITY VERGER JOB DESCRIPTION:
The verger leads our set-up and tear-down teams, manages our equipment, and assists in creating order for our services to run smoothly. They work with the intern(s) and Ministry Coordinator to ensure that our Sunday morning space is set-up properly and according to the needs of the band and the service. They are intuitive about needs and quick to jump in to help, mostly in the form of physical labour. They are our go-to person to assist staff in solving unforeseen problems. They have an understanding of all that set-up and tear-down requires, and are able to kindly delegate to other servers. They are our resident expert on how to unload and load our storage closet at UBC Robson Square, and show care for our equipment. They are a key player in making Sunday mornings happen by a very practical means.
• For two services, set-up from 7am-9am & tear-down from when the second service ends to finish (approx. 11:45am-1:45pm)
Compensation: 4 hours a Sunday at $16 per hour
• Point person for set-up and tear-down
• Arrives on time on Sundays and gets set-up started:
• Contacts our Ministry Coordinator if UBC-R hasn’t been unlocked
• Contacts UBC-R concierge (or receptionist of concierge is late) to unlock storage closet and theatre if not done so
• Has a clear understanding of how our space is set up and torn down
• Able to train new community members on set-up and tear-down
• Knows the set-up and tear-down servers and invites others into community through serving While we understand many things can affect our attitudes on a given day, we expect the verger to treat people with respect and kindness, to show patience in teaching new volunteers, and to seek forgiveness and reconcile when relationships are strained.
Please contact [email protected] to apply.