Elements & Responsibilities in this Role:
· Conversance with and adherence to a C&MA Statement of Faith https://www.cmacan.org/
· Interface with the Executive Pastor, Associate Pastors, ministry directors & administrative team
· Intersection with the Elders Board
· Engagement with SPAC church members & adherents, the greater faith community, local government & the community at large
· To preach/teach the majority of the time, coordinating and collaborating with associate pastoral staff.
· Collaborate with administrative staff and participate in staff meetings
· Regularly liaise with the Executive Pastor
· Liaise regularly with the chair of the Elders Board
· Provide pastoral care to staff and congregants as necessary
· Attend to the rites of the Christian church as required by participation in, or delegation of, child dedications, baptisms, reception of church members, weddings and funerals.
· A Master’s level of education in theology, leadership, or Biblical Studies is preferred, but not required
· Appropriate experience in leading multiple staff in a dynamic and changing environment
· Excellent communication skill [interpersonal and public]
· Able and apt teaching and preaching
· Experience in coaching and developing teams
· Demonstrated spiritual vitality [active and growing personal relationship with God]
· Leadership qualities needed to motivate, mentor, manage and inspire team members
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Interim Pastor position is a contract position
· Interim Pastor position is a variable term; contract end date to largely coincide with the start date of Lead Pastor [anticipated 6-month April thru September 2021]
· Interim Pastor to be provided an employment agreement including terms of employment and compensation package
· Additional benefits including health, vacation, expense plan, educational allowance shall be stipulated in our employment agreement
· Probationary period of 2 months.
The Elders Board is committed to support the Interim Pastor through:
· A passionate and engaged Elders Board supportive of all church staff, volunteers, members and adherents.
· A commitment to pray, support, care and walk alongside the Interim Pastor and their family, aiding and facilitating their own discipleship journey
Stony Plain Alliance Church is currently moving into our brand-new facility. This follows a 4- year transition following a major fire that decimated our campus. We had temporarily relocated our Sunday ministries to Living Waters Christian Academy only to be battered by a world-wide pandemic. Through all of this, God’s hand has sustained us with great resilience and the assurance of his sovereignty. We’re moving on!
We welcome your CV and resume. Thank-you for including your bio and a brief iteration of your spiritual journey. Please insert ‘Interim Pastor Application’ in the subject line and send your application to:
Dr. Clark R. Mills