431 Princess Ave, Vancouver, BC
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator, Strathcona Church
Job Summary: Providing administrative assistance to support the work of Strathcona Church in its goal to provide a strong foundation for a well-organized and thoughtful community of ministries.
The Founder of Strathcona Church is seeking an individual with exceptional organizational skills and good written and oral communication skills.
Reporting directly to the Founder of the Church, you will provide administrative and logistical support to ensure that Founder’s focus can be on implementing the Church’s vision rather than the logistics of such. The ideal candidate for this position will share the vision and the mission of Strathcona Church.
This Church is unique in that it is a collective of Christian ministries working together as “the Body of Christ.” The selected ministry partners share a beautiful and historic church space to fulfil the vision that Christ has given each of them for ministering to the community in Strathcona, Chinatown and the Downtown East Side.
Our vision is to establish a vibrant, Christ-centered and spirit-filled community in the heart of Strathcona. This intentionally diverse community of Ministries will unite to love, serve and seek the spiritual transformation of the city.
The mission of Strathcona Church is our goal to support the community through compassion, healing, nurture and encouragement. We embrace all ethnicities, ages and socio-economic groups. We demonstrate love, trust and unity in the body of Christ with all the other partner ministries.
You will oversee day-to-day management of this multi-ministry Church. This will involve liaison with representatives from the ministries who currently utilize the Church; assisting the Founder in developing new ministry relationships; and maintenance of cooperative relationships with the Strathcona community in general.
The role is currently considered to be a 20 hr/wk position with relatively flexible hours. Along with your administrative and project management experience, you are a selfstarter who enjoys taking initiative. As an administrative coordinator in a Church context, you have excellent interpersonal skills, a deep commitment to Christ and a positive attitude. Mature applicants welcome.
Essential Duties and Requirements of the Job:
– Overseeing maintenance of existing Church leases; answering enquiries and participation in development of future leasing relationships
– Support at Church-related meetings with planning, note-taking, and effective followup
– Supervision of the facilities co-ordinator to ensure timely building maintenance
– Designing and implementing administrative processes and organizational systems for the Church
– Liaising between Church ministries and the Church Board of Directors
– Answering enquiries of a general nature, with supervision of timely follow-up.
– Additional duties as required
Skills Required to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
– Professionalism, accuracy, attention to detail
– Superior interpersonal skills
– Superior organizational skills
– Proven experience in well executed event planning
– Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
– Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite
– Comfort with technology
– Oral and written proficiency in English. Proficiency in Cantonese/Mandarin would be an asset
– Gracious demeanour
– Proven supervisory skills
– Experience volunteering or working in a Church context would be an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org