Summit Community Church is looking for a high capacity Children’s Pastor who is passionate about seeing children come to Christ and grow in Him. Summit Kids is committed to teaching God’s truth, inviting kids to connect and respond to Jesus, and partnering with parents to guide children to know and intentionally follow Jesus Christ. We are a growing Church in Richmond Hill, developing intentional followers of Jesus who are growing in faith, loving in community, and serving in mission.
The Pastor of Children’s and Family Ministries provides leadership of the Summit Kids experience and supports families in the spiritual development of their kids’ relationship with Jesus Christ. The Pastor will be responsible for a ministry of approximately 100+ children from infancy to grade 4 and oversee a team of 50+ Summit Kids volunteers.
Vision and Mission:
• Develop and implement a long term, strategic ministry plan for Summit Kids that is aligned with the vision of Summit Community Church
• Identify, equip and empower emerging leaders to join Summit Kids team
• Provide oversight to Summit Kids in person & digital experiences, Nursery — Grade 4
• Determine engaging and creative curriculum for nursery, preschool, and grade school
• Provide pastoral care to children and families
• Maintain and implement Plan to Protect policies and check in structures to ensure the safety of all children and volunteers at Summit Community Church.
• Develop, encourage and celebrate Summit Kids team on an ongoing basis
Administration / Communication:
• Develop and maintain Summit Kids Ministry Budget
• Communicate ministry updates and resource parents
• Oversee Summit Kids communication, including web updates and social media
Denominational Responsibilities / Other:
• Represent Summit Community Church and participate in, district and regional events when possible
• Attend weekly staff meetings, retreats, special events, prayer meetings, etc
For more information on Summit Community Church, please go to summitcommunity.ca. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]