Children’s Ministry Director – Tenth Evenings
Hours/Status: 12 hours/week
Primary Job Responsibilities: The Children’s Ministry Director at Tenth Evening is responsible for supporting parents in providing high-quality kids’ programming at Tenth Church for children from birth the grade 5.
Working Relationships: Reports to the Tenth Evening Site Pastor, is a part of the Tenth Families Team
On-site Ministry Responsibilities
· Oversee (initiating, planning, managing budget, and executing) Children’s Ministry at a Tenth Church site. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Recruit, train, and support the volunteer team
· Collaborate with Tenth Kids Central Support team to plan and implement our Tenth Kids curriculum
· Create exciting, welcoming, and dynamic classroom spaces at our site
· Partner with and communicate regularly with parents
· Facilitate the participation of the children in the larger community of Tenth Church
· Coordinate special events for children, including children’s programing at an annual church retreat
· Provide pastoral care for children and volunteers and parents, referring to the Site Pastor for additional support if needed.
· Intentionally welcome new families into our community through phone calls, coffees and other ways of connecting.
· Participate in Evening Community gatherings as a way to connect with families, existing volunteers and also as a way to connect with others who may want to join the Tenth Kids volunteer team.
· Participate in staff functions, including site staff meetings and Tenth Families Team meetings
Provide input on the strategy for the spiritual formation of children and families at Tenth Church, flowing out of Tenth Church’s and the Family Ministries Vision statements (see below)
Actively promote the vision, strategy, and annual priorities of Family Ministries within the site context
Support the Family Ministries staff team and the Family Pastor in the development and execution of activities relevant to Tenth Parents ministries
Attend regular Tenth Families meetings and activities
Required Skills and Experience:
· Early Childhood Education Certificate, Bachelor of Education, Family Ministries Diploma/Degree or significant work experience with children
· Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
· Diploma of Christian Studies or theological education an asset.
· Spiritual maturity and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation.
· Loves to work with children and families of varied social, economic, ethnic and spiritual backgrounds.
· Able to organize resources as well as manage goals, objectives and timelines
· Administrative ability and attention to detail
· Supportive of Tenth Church’s mission, vision and values
· Read, understand and comply with Tenth Church Staff Handbook
Tenth Church Vision:
We are a place where people of all different backgrounds can discover Christ, a community of spiritual transformation that seeks social justice for all.
Tenth Kids Vision:
Partnering with parents to see the next generation become life-long Christ-followers.
As life-long followers of Jesus, our Tenth Kids will:
· Know they are created by a God who loves them
· Passionately love God back
· Be growing into the men and women that He created them to be