Hours/Status: 12 hours/week
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Director of Children’s Ministry – East Van is responsible for providing high-quality kids’ programming at Tenth Church East Van
Working Relationships: Reports to the East Van Site Pastor
East Van Responsibilities:
• Oversee (initiating, planning, managing budget, and executing) Children’s Ministry at Tenth Church East Van. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Recruit, train, and support the volunteer team
• Collaborate with Tenth Kids Central Support team to plan and implement our Tenth Kids curriculum
• Create exciting, welcoming, and dynamic classroom spaces at our rented site
• Partner with and communicate regularly with parents
• Facilitate the participation of the children in the larger community of Tenth East Van
• Coordinate special events for children, including children’s programming at Weekend Away
• Provide initial pastoral care for children and volunteers, referring to the Site Pastor for additional support
• Participate in staff functions, including East Van staff meetings and Tenth Families Team meetings
• Provide input on the comprehensive strategy for the spiritual formation of children and families at Tenth Church East Van, flowing out of Tenth Church’s and the Family Ministries Vision statements (see below)
• Actively promote the vision, strategy, and annual priorities of Family Ministries within the East Van site context
• Support the Family Ministries staff team and the Family Pastor in the development and execution of activities relevant to Tenth Parents ministries
• Attend regular Central Support meetings and activities
Required Skills and Experience:
• Early Childhood Education Certificate, Bachelor of Education, Family Ministries Diploma/Degree or significant work experience with children
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), ability to learn Planning Centre
• Diploma of Christian Studies or theological education an asset.
• Spiritual maturity and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation.
• Loves to work with children and families of varied social, economic, ethnic and spiritual backgrounds.
• Able to organize resources as well as manage goals, objectives and timelines
• Administrative ability and attention to detail
• Resonates with the missional ethos of the East Van site
• Committed to attending Tenth Church if hired
Tenth Church Vision:
We are a place where people of all different backgrounds can discover Christ, a community of spiritual transformation that seeks social justice for all.
Tenth Families Vision:
Partnering with families to raise up the next generation of Christ-followers.