Hours/Status: 28 Hours/Week: Children’s Ministry Director – East Van (12 hours/week) + Children’s Ministry Assistant (16 hours/week)
Primary Job Responsibilities: The Director of Children’s Ministry – East Van is responsible for providing high-quality kids’ programming at Tenth Church East Van. The Children’s Ministries Assistant provides administrative and lesson planning support to Tenth Kids Central Support team.
Working Relationships: Reports to the East Van Site Pastor and the Tenth Kids Central Support Director
East Van Responsibilities:
· Oversee (initiating, planning, managing budget, and executing) Children’s Ministry at Tenth Church East Van. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Recruit, train, and support the volunteer team
· Collaborate with Tenth Kids Central Support team to plan and implement our Tenth Kids curriculum
· Create exciting, welcoming, and dynamic classroom spaces at our rented site
· Partner and communicate regularly with parents
· Facilitate the participation of the children in the larger community of Tenth East Van
· Coordinate special events for children, including children’s programing at Weekend Away
· Provide initial pastoral care for children and volunteers, referring to the Site Pastor for additional support
· Participate in staff functions, including East Van staff meetings and Tenth Families Team meetings
Ministry Assistant Responsibilities:
· Organize, replenish, and maintain children’s ministry resources
· Purchase supplies and prepare materials for Tenth Kids Sunday lessons and mid-week program
· Be the main point person for Planning Centre Check-In system
· Administratively support the Tenth Kids Central Support team
Required Skills and Experience:
· Early Childhood Education Certificate, Bachelor of Education, Family Ministries Diploma/Degree or significant work experience with children
Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), ability to learn Planning Centre
· Diploma of Christian Studies or theological education an asset.
· Spiritual maturity and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation.
· Loves to work with children and families of varied social, economic, ethnic and spiritual backgrounds.
· Able to organize resources as well as manage goals, objectives and timelines
· Administrative ability and attention to detail
· Resonates with the missional ethos of the East Van site
· Committed to attending Tenth Church if hired