Associate Pastor & Site Administrator – East Van
The role of the Associate Pastor is to support the Site Pastor in leading and participating with the staff, volunteers and community of their site.
Working Relationships: Reports to the Site Pastor and works closely with Central Support Ministry Leads.
Hours: Full-Time (32 hours per week)
Alongside the Site Pastor the Associate Pastor will:
· Be responsible for assisting in the face-to-face and pastoral presence for the site community on Sunday’s and throughout the week
· Support the vision and strategic leadership for the health and growth of the site
· Work with the site staff and volunteer teams to create a safe environment for people to explore faith in Christ
· Implement and use effective systems, such as Planning Centre, to connect people to Tenth and to one another: Life Groups, programs, events etc.
· Engage, equip, and empower volunteer leaders, promoting a leadership pipeline that meets the needs of the site
· Be a point person to link the site community with the broader Tenth family in terms of resources and opportunities to serve.
· Provide pastoral care to the site congregation/community such as to Leaders of Life Groups
· Helps promote an atmosphere that enhances authentic worship, promotes personal spiritual formation, and encourages emotional health, healing and growth
· Integrate and evaluate standards of excellence for programming at the site as well as assess that the site’s DNA quality and consistency are in line with Tenth’s mission and values
· Care for personal spiritual life through spiritual practices
As directed by the Site Pastor the Associate Pastor will:
Liaise with the Central Support Ministry leads in rolling out programs/events and content:
Missions: international and local
Spiritual Formation courses and Life Groups
Family Ministries: marriage, children, youth, parents, young adults
Worship & Arts
Provide leadership of specific programs such as but not limited to: Life Groups, Site Retreats, and other programs, courses and events
Connecting guests, congregants and volunteers to programs within Tenth
Ensure the effective execution and health of volunteer teams
Working with the other team members to recruit and care for volunteers on the Sunday teams
Support, develop and disciple lay leaders in the community
taking an interest in their spiritual journey and growth
· Provide up front welcoming presence by “hosting” on Sundays.
· Preach/teach as requested
· Provide administrative and logistical support to the site and site team.
· Recruit, schedule and develop teams of volunteers, that work alongside the Staff to provide service and leadership to the Sunday gatherings.
· Be present on Sunday’s for set up and tear down of services, while also trouble shooting issues and problem-solving during services
· Oversee the efficient execution of Sunday services, ensuring that all things in our service are done with excellence
· Responsible for ensuring that equipment and supplies are brought to service location, as well as returned
· Participate in Site’s weekly team meetings
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required, M.Div. preferred.
· Experience in exercising effective leadership, developing emerging leaders, spiritual formation, outreach and discipleship.
· Passion and ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
· Ability to personally offer pastoral care and to mobilize others for pastoral care ministry.
· Ability to engage in effective conflict resolution
· Ability to motivate people to become involved in service and leadership.
· Connects wells and has relationships with people who are not Christians.
· Personable and outgoing with a passion for connecting with people.
· Spiritual maturity and evidence of having been engaged in ongoing, personal spiritual formation.
· Gifted in the areas of administration and logistics.