PASTOR OF LOCAL COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
This position provides leadership for Local Community Engagement at Tenth Church, striving to address the social inequalities of people in our site neighborhoods through an intentional process of mutual spiritual formation and skill building.
Working Relationships: Reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Pastor of International Missions and the Pastoral team responsible for missional engagement/outreach.
Cross-Site Community Engagement and Development
The Pastor of Local Community Engagement is responsible for:
· creating and implementing cross-site strategies for local engagement and community development
· local partnerships that resonate with the mission and vision of Tenth Church
· The focus of these strategies & partnerships includes (but not necessarily limited to):
o social and economic justice,
o sexual exploitation and trafficking,
o refugees in conjunction with the International Missions Pastor
o and assisting the marginalized and more vulnerable in Vancouver.
Develop programs, initiatives, events, and content to:
Community Meals: Low Barrier Employment & Skill Building
The Pastor of Local Community Engagement supervises, supports and advocates for the Community Meal Program Lead in the areas of strategic planning, problem solving and relationship building with guests. They will also work with the Community Meal Program Lead to discuss and develop holistic care for guests, especially appropriate spiritual care.
Other Administrative Responsibilities
The Pastor of Local Community Engagement will exhibit:
· Spiritual vitality, be a person of integrity and respectful of others.
· A developmental mindset, engaging in ongoing learning, working on their weaknesses and striving to improve.
· Able to mobilize people and catalyze momentum in community ministries.
· An ability to relate well to people of different social, cultural, and spiritual backgrounds.
· A skill for building relationships individually as well as in small and large group settings
They will be:
· A person who is deeply committed to Christ
· Motivated by team work, able to face and resolve conflicts that arise, and able to adapt to the Tenth Church staff culture.
· Possess a high level of emotional intelligence.
· Be action oriented, concerned about quality output, and willing to problem solve and coach others when necessary.
· Model incarnational ministry in community.
· Acknowledge Tenth Church as their church home through regular participation in gatherings of the community.
· encourage and equip a team of volunteer leaders