About Tenth: We are a place where people of all different backgrounds can discover Christ, a community of spiritual transformation that seeks social justice for all.
Our worship services feature creative, uplifting worship and engaging preaching. Our church has a deep commitment to justice—seen in our ministries for people who struggle with poverty and advocacy on behalf of women and children vulnerable to the sex trade in Vancouver and internationally.
Our community includes immigrants, students, and young families; artists, entrepreneurs, athletes, and professionals; the urban poor and people on the margins of society. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) has described Tenth as “a resting place for people from all walks of life.”
For more information regarding Tenth please visit: www.tenth.ca!
Site Pastor – Evening
About Our Evening Site: The Evening community gathers on Sundays at 6:00pm in the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood of Vancouver. The Evening Service community has five core distinctives: creative worship, rich liturgy, holy communion, authentic community, and biblical justice (www.tenth.ca/evening). The community is made up of young families, people with barriers to employment, university students and professionals. We have just celebrated our 11th anniversary and are looking for a Pastor to help guide the community into the future.
Summary: The Site Pastor provides leadership to the staff, volunteers and community of their site. They also serve as a member of the Leadership Team.
Working Relationships: Reports to the Executive Director, is a Member of the Leadership team and works closely with the other Site Pastors and Ministry Leads.
· Serve as the ‘resident’ pastor to those who attend the site services
· Provide vision and strategic leadership for the health and growth of the site
· Work with others in creating a safe environment for people to explore faith in Christ
· Maintain an atmosphere that enhances authentic worship, promotes personal spiritual formation, and encourages emotional health, healing and growth.
· Integrate and evaluate standards of excellence for programming at the site as well as assess that the site’s DNA quality and consistency are in line with Tenth’s mission and values
· Create effective systems to connect people to the congregation/community and to one another: life groups, programs, events, etc.
· Effectively manage the lateral communication between the Leadership Team, Central Support, other Tenth sites, and the site staff
· Engage, equip, empower and manage staff and volunteer leaders, ensuring a leadership pipeline is developed to meet the needs of the site
· Preaching and teaching as requested
· Be the point person to link this community with the broader Tenth family in terms of resources and opportunities to serve.
· Oversee the planning and oversight of the annual budget at both the site level and the leadership team level.
· Provides ongoing coaching to site staff and holds them accountable to annual performance and development goals.
· Responsible for development of Tenth wide strategic planning and initiatives
· Oversee and lead execution of strategic plan (annual priorities) and initiatives.
· Provide peer-to-peer support to other Site Pastors and Ministry Leads
· Role model spiritual practices, self-care, ongoing leadership development and pastoral growth
· Actively participate as a member of the leadership team.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required, M.Div. preferred.
· Minimum 5 years experience in leadership, developing emerging leaders, spiritual formation, outreach and discipleship
· Possesses an authentic, growing faith in Christ and spiritual maturity
· Ability to personally offer pastoral care and to mobilize others for pastoral care ministry.
· Ability to motivate people to become involved in service and leadership.
· Must be able to assume responsibility and carry out duties with minimum supervision.
· Can translate vision into strategy and action
· Can “think outside of the box” and is not afraid to take calculated risks
· Is a life-long learner
· Possess the ability to engage in effective conflict resolution
· Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people
· Passion and ability to work in a diverse environment.
· Connects wells and has relationships with people who do not yet know Christ or have little to no experience with the church.