Site Pastor – Future Site
About Tenth: Tenth Church is a multi-site church with sites in Mount Pleasant, Kitsilano, and East Vancouver, and is affiliated with The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada – Canadian Pacific District. Considered a leading church in the city, Tenth is a people-centric, Bible-believing church with a predominantly evangelistic approach to ministry that is making a monumental impact in Vancouver and surrounding communities.
Tenth leads with the phrase, ‘Here is a place you can belong,’ and firmly believes that creating accessibility to Christ is of paramount importance. Tenth’s comfortable environment, missional outreach, intergenerational perspective, and healthy core, coupled with Pastor Ken’s relevant messages, are just a few of the elements that draw people to the church.
We are a place where people of all different backgrounds can discover Christ, a community of spiritual transformation that seeks social justice for all.
Relating – We seek to love God and love people.
Relying on God’s Spirit – We recognize that there are things that only God can do. We depend on God’s Spirit in prayer and rely on the wisdom of His inspired Word
Raising Disciples – We believe that lives can be changed through the power of Jesus Christ. We seek to be a community where people can grow toward wholeness and reach their potential as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Reconciling – We encourage reconciliation among people of different races, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, generations, and genders.
Reaching Out – We believe personal growth is not an end in and of itself. We grow so that we will be a blessing to those around us, our city, and to the world, especially to those who are spiritually and materially poor.
Role Summary: The Site Pastor provides leadership to the staff, volunteers and community of their site. They also serve as a member of the Leadership Team.
Working Relationships: Reports to the Executive Director, is a Member of the Leadership Team and works closely with the other Site Pastors and Ministry Leads.
Site Development & Launch
· Key point person for Tenth’s next site launch
· With support of other Sites and Central Support, assemble, prepare and care for a launch team who will support the success of the new Site in its critical first phase of growth
· Immerse themselves in Tenth’s culture, examples include: learning our history, learning about the CMA, attending all sites, meeting with other Site Pastors, and attending Tenth events and programs
· Ensure the logistical aspects of the launch Site are in place and relationships with vendors/suppliers/facilities are managed in a manner that supports the long-term stability of the Site
· Provide clear vision of how Tenth’s unique culture will interact with the culture of the surrounding community
· Connecting with the future site community: building relationships, nurturing partnerships, and being a good neighbour to existing ministries
· Demonstrate an attitude of prayerful discernment for the community immediately surrounding the Site
· Serve as the ‘resident’ pastor to those who attend the site services
· Provide vision and strategic leadership for the health and growth of the site
· Work with others in creating a safe environment for people to explore faith in Christ
· Maintain an atmosphere that enhances authentic worship, promotes personal spiritual formation, and encourages emotional health, healing and growth.
· Integrate and evaluate standards of excellence for programming at the site as well as assess that the site’s DNA, quality, and consistency are in line with Tenth’s mission and values
· Create effective systems to connect people to the congregation/community and to one another: Life Groups, programs, events, etc.
· Effectively manage the lateral communication between the Leadership Team, Central Support, other Tenth sites, and the site staff
· Engage, equip, empower and manage staff and volunteer leaders, ensuring a leadership pipeline is developed to meet the needs of the site
· Preaching and teaching as requested
· Be the point person to link this community with the broader Tenth family in terms of resources and opportunities to serve
· Oversee the planning and oversight of the annual budget at both the site level and the Leadership Team level
· Provides ongoing coaching to site staff and holds them accountable to annual performance and development goals
· Responsible for development of Tenth wide strategic planning and initiatives
· Oversee and lead execution of strategic plan (annual priorities) and initiatives.
· Provide peer-to-peer support to other Site Pastors and Ministry Leads
· Role model spiritual practices, self-care, ongoing leadership development and pastoral growth
· Actively participate as a member of the Leadership Team.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required, M.Div. preferred.
· Minimum 5 years experience in leadership, developing emerging leaders, spiritual formation, outreach and discipleship
· Experience in new site development and launch an asset
· Experience working with faith partners an asset
· Possesses an authentic, growing faith in Christ and spiritual maturity
· Ability to personally offer pastoral care and to mobilize others for pastoral care ministry.
· Ability to motivate people to become involved in service and leadership.
· Must be able to assume responsibility and carry out duties with minimum supervision.
· Can translate vision into strategy and action
· Can “think outside of the box” and is not afraid to take calculated risks
· Is a life-long learner
· Possess the ability to engage in effective conflict resolution
· Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people
· Passion and ability to work in a diverse environment.
· Connects wells and has relationships with people who do not yet know Christ or have little to no experience with the church.