2020 Summer Day Camp Director
Hours/Status: 40 hours per week, 6 weeks, Contract Full-Time
Work Term: July 2020, with 2 weeks of preparation time before hand (hours negotiable)
Job Description: Tenth Church is looking for a skilled Summer Day Camp Director to oversee our busy Day Camps this summer. The successful candidate will lead all aspects of our Summer Day Camps, including supervising staff and volunteers, planning, and executing high quality summer programming that reflects Tenth Church’s vision and values. Field trips, themes, and curriculum will be provided and planned by Tenth Church.
Primary Job Responsibilities: Work in collaboration with the Family Ministries team and Summer Day Camp Staff to plan for two weeks (hours negotiable) and then lead a Preschool and School Age Vacation Bible School (with a theme of Environmental Care) as well as outreach programs to our local neighbourhoods.
Working Relationships: Reports to the Pastor of Family Ministries and leads the Summer Day Camp staff and volunteers.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
· Experience working with children (age 2 to grades 5) in a leadership/teaching capacity.
· Ability to lead and sustain a staff and volunteer team.
· Highly organized and administrative.
· Is a great communicator, both verbal and written.
· Basic understanding of Creation Care Theology and/or Environment Science.
Responsibilities: Duties consist of, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
· Partners with the Family Ministries team to initiate, plan and execute Summer Day Camps.
· Trains, supervises, and fully supports all Summer Day Camp staff and volunteers.
· Provides leadership and direction to Junior Youth Leaders.
· Ensures the safety and care of all children while at Tenth and on field trips.
· Gathers and prepares resources and decorations with attention to detail.
· Organize end of camp celebration dinner for all staff, junior leaders and helpers.
· Joyfully serve in any other way needed as related to Summer Day Camps.
· Possesses an authentic faith and walk with Jesus.
· Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people.
· Demonstrates an ability to maintain harmonious relationships with church members, staff, guests and helpers.
· Assumes responsibility and carries out duties with minimum supervision as well as working well on teams.
· Has a heart to work with children and families of varied social, economic, ethnic, and spiritual backgrounds.