Summary: To joyfully participate with the staff and community of Tenth Church in its vision to be a community where people of all backgrounds can discover Christ, experience spiritual transformation, and participate in social justice by providing leadership in the area of Worship & Arts at site and events.
Working Relationships: Reports to corresponding Site Pastor. Will receive periodic coaching from the Pastor of Worship & Arts. Works closely with the Site team and the Technical Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Effectively plan weekly community worship in collaboration with the Site Pastors including:
o Scheduling volunteer worship & arts teams, and techs
o Lead worship at least twice per month (for months with 5 weeks – 3x per month)
o Plan and lead weekly rehearsals
o Oversee Sunday morning pre-rehearsal and set-up of sound-system, stage, and instrumental set-up
o Weekly, update PCO and Pro-Presenter, and other Worship Arts equipment
· Recruit, Train & Develop worship, art, & tech team volunteers
· Arrange creative music as needed that resonates with the vision and values of Tenth Church
· Participate in regular meetings with the Site Pastors. Periodically meet with the Pastor of Worship & Arts (approximately 1x/month), which could include occasional video reviews
· Help plan worship services and lead at annual retreats
· Attend and participate in Tenth Worship Leader Team gatherings (4-5 per year)
· Care for personal spiritual life through spiritual practices
· Serve where required by the Site Pastors
Skills and Experience:
· Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people
· Passionate about leading others in engaging Sunday worship
· Spiritual maturity and evidence of having being engaged in ongoing, personal spiritual formation
· Strong gifting in at least one musical instrument, and vocals to be used in Sunday worship gathering
· Some education in applicable field of study; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Ability and desire to be licensed with the Christian & Missionary Alliance
· Strong Leadership experience. Ability to recruit, equip and mobilize volunteers for effective ministry
· Passion and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-site, urban environment
· Gifted in casting vision and mobilizing broad-based support for the implementation of the vision of Tenth Church and the missional ethos of each site.
· Individual marked by humility and respectfulness with a servant’s heart, passion for God, His Word, and for community worship
· Well organized with proven administrative abilities
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!