Tenth Transformation – Ministry Assistant
Job Description: This staff role is to support the Pastor of Spiritual Formation in both equipping and fostering missional living through spiritual formation.
Working Relationships: Reports to the Pastor of Spiritual Formation and works closely with volunteers and leaders in the Tenth Transformation ministry.
Hours/Status: 12 hours/week
Primary Job Responsibilities: The Tenth Transformation Ministry Assistant will provide support to the Pastor of Spiritual Formation. Duties will include, administrative support, budget management, event execution, (logistics, planning, registration, volunteers, etc.), communication, and assisting with leadership and volunteer recruitment and development.
Goals for this position: The primary task of the Tenth Transformation Ministry Assistant will be to support the main goals of the Spiritual Formation Pastor as related to the Tenth Transformation ministry.
1. Support the Tenth values of Relating (loving God and loving people) that engages the value of Raising Disciples (growing toward wholeness and full potential as disciples of Jesus Christ); and the value of Reaching Out (being a blessing to those around us, our city, and to the world, especially to those who are spiritually and materially poor).
2. Support the goal of outreach through the lens of spiritual formation.
3. Support the engagement of contemplative spirituality.
4. Support the pursuit of partnerships that create formational synergy, relational affinity and resources.
· Event registration (both online and during the actual event using Planning Center).
· Maintain and order learning resources required for events and ministry initiatives.
· Booking retreats and handling administrative responsibilities (schedules, room assignments, payment, communication, food allergies, etc.)
· Communication with Pastor of Spiritual Formation, volunteer leaders and ministry participants.
· Execution of monthly expense reimbursements for the Pastor of Spiritual Formation.
· Organize and request promotions for Spiritual Formation events and initiatives.
· Manage budget for Spiritual Formation in collaboration with Pastor of Spiritual Formation.
· Compile Quarterly Giving Updates for Tenth Transformation.
· Help organize and prepare yearly AGM report for Tenth Transformation.
· Track metrics as related to the strategic goals for Tenth Transformation.
· Weekly spiritual formation initiatives (including but not limited to – Alpha, Roots, Rhythms, EHS/EHR, Flourish, Soul Trios, Contemplative Prayer Nights, etc.)
· Set-up/Take-down of event materials (tables, chairs, electronic support, purchasing food, welcoming guests, check-in, etc.)
· Facilitate room bookings for Tenth Transformation events.
In collaboration with the Pastor of Spiritual Formation:
· Provide general oversight, point leadership, and teaching at various spiritual formation initiatives.
· Participate in the training of lay leaders as a co-leader, facilitator and/or in a coaching/teaching capacity.
Spiritual maturity and evidence of having been engaged in ongoing, personal spiritual formation.
· Servant-hearted approach to ministry.
Passion and ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
Ability to motivate people to become involved in volunteer service and leadership.
Connects well and has relationships with people who are not Christians.
· Administrative ability and attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style.
· Experience with event planning and execution.
· Previous administrative assistant experience.