Global Missions Assistant: Marketing and Communications
Hours/Status: 30 hours/week for 8 weeks
Primary Job Responsibilities: The Missions Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the Missions Ministry at Tenth Church, specifically in the areas of Marketing and Communications.
Working Relationships: Reports to the Pastor of International Missions
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Walking alongside refugee families to learn from their situations.
· Creating and sharing these stories with the subscriber list and attendees of Tenth Church.
· Helping create strategic plan and roll out summer action items for Fair Trade Christmas that benefits women and girls in forced prostitution and human trafficking.
· Creating messaging for social media from stories of transformed lives in Vancouver with Refugees and missions participants as well as international stories from Cambodia, Lebanon, Mexico and 12 other countries Tenth is engaged with.
· Updating Tenth Global webpages.
· Develop social media content calendar and be part of a team that creates posts.
· Creating a campaign to grow the number of subscribers to Tenth Global.
· Providing home-team communications support for global missions teams.
· Assisting and leading Global Missions events.
· Working with a team of volunteers to promote Missions events.
· Helping lead a 1-3 day mini missions trip with refugees in Vancouver.
· Must meet the guidelines for the Canada Youth Summer Jobs Grant (see below*)
· 2 years post-secondary; 3-‐4 years of post-secondary preferred.
· Communications, Marketing, Counselling, Psychology, Social work, Theology, Health, Management, Education.
*Eligible Participants -‐ To be eligible, students must:
· be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
· be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
· be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.